Dining between DC and BWI

I've just been charged with making a BWI run this Sunday, with the promise of some free food as a reward.

Does anyone know of any local joints around the airport, or on the way back to DC? (Can be anywhere along 95, 295, 495 between silver spring and bethesda, upper-upper NW, etc.)

Don't need anything too classy, just something with character. Ethnic, BBQ, greasy spoon, doesn't matter.

Thanks, guys. I checked out the "where to eat" thread Don has pinned, and was enticed by the Half Moon BBQ, but they're closed Sundays.

At G&M, EVERYTHING else sucks? I've heard talk of the crabcakes before, but it'll probably be a tough sell since 1/3 of the party doesn't eat anything out of the sea.

Pasta Plus could work, got a recent mention in the Washingtonian I see for being a 100 cheap eats place: http://www.washingtonian.com/dining/Profiles/pastaplus.html

Still open to other suggestions. I appreciate your attention.

I like Hog's on the Hill for BBQ. They moved so I don't know if htey have eat in any longer. In the CVS shopping center at Rt ! and Rt 212.

Also in the same spot is a Korean noodle shop whose name I forget. Incredible Kim Chee and pickled raddish, good fried dumplings, great noodle in cold broth.

Closed on sunday but very nice other nights of the week is Sergio in silver spring in the Hilton at Spring and COlesville Road. Best to reserve. 301-589-1040.

Half Moon is quite good. I second it.

Hollywood East on the Boulevard now that they have their service back to good. Incredible seafood and lots of good meat dishes.. University just west of Georgia 2 blocks.

Other good asian hole in the walls:

Nam's of Wheaton (on Georgia)

Full Key (University by amherst in strip mall with Max's Kosher and CVS)

Pho Hoa Tiep (I think) same shopping center as Full Kee.

These days I would recommend (highly) Grace Garden in Ft. Meade.

This is amusing - you write this as if it's a new discovery, a hidden gem unearthed in Odenton (Thomas, I promise that I'm laughing with you; not at you). And, you probably gave the best answer there is to give; it's just the way you voiced it that tickles my funny bone. Almost as much as the hilariously named "Megachicken."  :)

(Please don't take my response as being anything but in the best of spirits. Ma Po Tofu?)

Out on Dorsey road by arundel mills mall is a thai place called little spice. I find that the appetizer section is the best option and order a few between the lady and I. With our favorites being the eggplant salad which is thin slices of eggplant tempura over a lower level spiced larb gai. Also the tiger sweep is good and you can order sticky rice and ask for a plate of lettuce to up your experience. I've found the entrees lacking but had a solid drunken noodles for lunch once. The desserts are pretty delicious but my favorite has to be the taro pearls in warm coconut milk.

This is amusing - you write this as if it's a new discovery, a hidden gem unearthed in Odenton (Thomas, I promise that I'm laughing with you; not at you). And, you probably gave the best answer there is to give; it's just the way you voiced it that tickles my funny bone. Almost as much as the hilariously named "Megachicken."  :)

(Please don't take my response as being anything but in the best of spirits. Ma Po Tofu?)

Oh it is not new news of course! I love that place so. Megachicken, these days, is, uh, not really recommended.

R&R is the place in Jessup at the gas station right? If so, I really like their food, but only as carryout.