Can anyone think of a place other than Prime Rib that is serving these?
You might want to call Acadiana, Martin's Tavern or Oceanaire. Sometimes they're on the menu. The Palm served them for a while, too, at dinner, but I don't know if they still do.

You might want to call Acadiana, Martin's Tavern or Oceanaire. Sometimes they're on the menu. The Palm served them for a while, too, at dinner, but I don't know if they still do.

The Guards has them on their menu. Martin's Tavern has probably the most delicious thing I ever ate on their brunch menu : Fried Oysters Benedict. OMG.

Can anyone think of a place other than Prime Rib that is serving these?
MenuPages has a cool feature that lets you search by menu item. Sometimes they're not as up to date as you'd hope, but it's kind of addictive when you're procrastinating. .. Here's what I found for lower northwest:

Washington DC Restaurant Menu Results: 5 - Downtown / Lower NW, oysters rockefeller

Filter by: Meal --All-- BreakfastLunchDinnerBrunch Feature --All-- Business DiningBYOBDeliveryGroup DiningLive EntertainmentOnline ReservationsOpen LatePeople WatchingRaw BarRomantic

Bobby Van's Grill

1201 New York Ave NW | At 12 St NW $$$$ 0

Firefly

1310 New Hampshire Ave NW | at N St NW $$$$ 1

Oceanaire

1201 F St NW | At 12th St NW $$$$$ 0

The Childe Harold

1610 20th St NW | At Q St NW $$$ 0

The Prime Rib

2020 K St NW |

I think they are on Firefly's current menu...but Oysters in June?
You can buy perfectly delicious oysters flown in from Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island in June, if that's your druthers. The ones we've had seemed quite small, but maybe we're just not lucky. And then there are the Pacific Northwest oysters, which are always small, even in June but still quite tasty.

Not the stuff of which oysters Rockefeller are made of, in my mind, but to each their own.

Personally, though, the taste of a fine, fat, clean oyster needs no embellishment, except for a squeeze of lemon, or perhaps a little dousing in Mignonette sauce.

Personally, though, the taste of a fine, fat, clean oyster needs no embellishment, except for a squeeze of lemon, or perhaps a little dousing in Mignonette sauce.

Where do you get the mignonette sauce? The only place I know is Legal Sea Foods. And why do you capitalize it, is it a trade name? If so, it should be available bottled.

I have some in my refrigerator at the moment, bootlegged from LSF.

Where do you get the mignonette sauce? The only place I know is Legal Sea Foods.
I don't care for sauce mignonette with oysters; one of the big French mistakes when it comes to food. However, they serve it with oysters at Old Ebbitt Grill. And in France.