Silly Stuff

I have to admit this put a big smile on my face the other day when you first posted it elsewhere (I'm starting to lose track of all the food sites I hount).

The fact that my (very early) childhood compainion was a stuffed monkey probably contributed to my glee.

I was looking at this site when a coworker came over to my desk. Very embarrassing.  (How do you explain that one?)

If they know that you are into cooking tell them that is the main source of your recipes. The look on their face should be interesting. :lol:

I was looking at this site when a coworker came over to my desk. Very embarrassing.  (How do you explain that one?)

I just blew past the question of what I was looking at and showed them some of scenes so they'd laugh with me. It was entertaining for the entire office.

By the way, I happened to see this movie tonight, "A Good Year", based upon the Peter Mayle book.

I've read terrible reviews and I've read wonderful reviews of this movie. I happened to really like it, I thought it was cute and was very funny in some places.

I think that Russell Crowe was terrific in this, really playing against type, and I'd pay to watch Albert Finney floss his teeth for 90 minutes, I enjoy his performances so much.

The movie definitely had nice moments when dealing with food and wine, and the little restaurant scenes were delightful, I thought.

Anyone else enjoy this as much as I did?

By the way, I happened to see this movie tonight, "A Good Year", based upon the Peter Mayle book.

I've read terrible reviews and I've read wonderful reviews of this movie. I happened to really like it, I thought it was cute and was very funny in some places.

I think that Russell Crowe was terrific in this, really playing against type, and I'd pay to watch Albert Finney floss his teeth for 90 minutes, I enjoy his performances so much.

The movie definitely had nice moments when dealing with food and wine, and the little restaurant scenes were delightful, I thought.

Anyone else enjoy this as much as I did?

Keep eyes peeled for the current Visa commercial: She got reservation in the trendiest restaurant in town, the service was impeccable, the ambience sublime, then the food came: Him "This looks like elf food". Busted me up.

Dinner tonight with Matt at The Majestic. I launched into a string of made-up-on-the-spot jokes - really bad jokes where I'd think of a phrase, and then insert a leading question. Example: "What did the dead leaf say to the blade of grass?" (Answer: "I've fallen for you.") After I vigorously started laughing at, "What did one sesame seed say to the other?" (Answer: "I'm on a roll."), Matt did a *headdesk*, and then said, "What did the little tomato say to the big tomato?" I thought for about 30 seconds, and then said, "I don't know." (Answer: "Shut up, dad.")