What Should I Have for Dinner This Week?

DanCole42

Whole chicken (spatchcocked) marinated in orange juice, cumin, lime, S&P, garlic, some hot pepper and then smoked over some nice wood. Serve with home made cole slaw. Made this a few nights ago and it was killer.

Anything that can be done on the grill and out of the kitchen. We grilled homemade italian sausage links, homemade kielbasa, and burgers on the grill Saturday, smoked ribs on sunday (but they are time consuming and clearly weekend food), quesadillas with grilled chicken last night, and tonight we are doing these beautiful thick pork chops from Wegman's on the grill. The nice thing about my grill is that it has a huge cooking surface (1,000 square inches) and a side burner that is actually powerful enough to use. I can cook and entire dinner on it without having to use my oven or stovetop.

We're also having chicken caesar salad this week, pizza on the grill (first attempt at using the grill), and quiche (which sadly I will need to cook in my oven the day before). Grilled portabellos on rolls are also a nice change from meat in this weather.

...and quiche (which sadly I will need to cook in my oven the day before)...
Thus, I plan to make a Spanish tortilla large enough for leftovers to become a sandwich, though I will roast beets some time later in the week.

Last night: beet greens boiled, drained, chopped and sautéed in olive oil w caramelized onion and a couple of cloves garlic. Mixed w pasta (dried) that was cooked in the salted, pink beet-water and then everything tossed w cool, creamy ricotta and a little pecorino.

Leftover mixture of greens went into today's potato and chickpea salad for lunch. Picking up a lemon to squeeze over the lot.

Tonight: poached egg over asparagus w crusty sunflower flax bread, or maybe the latter toasted and spread w maro (fava bean purée). Then cooking up some soba noodles for a cool salad tomorrow.

Well Dan, what did you make from the suggestions? The suspense is killing us.
I've been making antipasto platters the past couple of nights, and that's been working well. Salad is one of the components :lol:
Homemade pasta with fresh pesto and chicken.

Laughing reading this thread.  Oh it is so good.  It is one of those nights where Hubby is off on a work adventure and I don't feel like watching TV.  I just finished the third book in a series of six by Howard Fast, and could read more, but instead I am reading old threads on this site.  I always have a harder time figuring out what to make when my fridge is full rather than empty.  I have to say this thread hasn't really helped all that much, but I think I will be just fine figuring it out.

Goodness I miss American Flatbread.