Galileo Half Price Dinners

oliveDC

Anyone see the email from Galileo advertising their new menu and entire wine list is half price Sunday-Tuesday through August? Seems pretty amazing. I know August is super slow but wow...

Apologies for straying from the Grill thread...

Chef Roberto Donna invites you to come try his new menu and his award winning wine list for half price Sundays thru Tuesdays for lunch and dinner all summer long until August 30 (excluding Restaurant Week August 1-7). The new menu features some of Italy's most intriguing recipes and some of Roberto's personal favorites and the wine list has 1300 different International selections. The entire menu and wine list will be available for half price three nights a week so enjoy this delicious opportunity while you can. Mention this e-mail to receive half off your entire check.

I'm confused ... is it half off for everyone Sun through Tue, or just those who mention the email? Makes a difference, as I'm deciding whether or not to more widely publicize this... anyone know? I might just call in a few minutes.

I'm confused ... is it half off for everyone Sun through Tue, or just those who mention the email? Makes a difference, as I'm deciding whether or not to more widely publicize this... anyone know? I might just call in a few minutes.

Mention this e-mail to receive half off your entire check.

I think the last sentence is pretty clear.

Edited by mdt

I did the exact same thing and even started writing the post that way...until I re-read.

So has anyone gone for the deal yet? I feel like it would be awkward to have to bring up that you want half off the bill to your waiter. Maybe I'm just a wimp though.

I did the exact same thing and even started writing the post that way...until I re-read.

So has anyone gone for the deal yet? I feel like it would be awkward to have to bring up that you want half off the bill to your waiter. Maybe I'm just a wimp though.

not as awkward as paying twice as much as you should have to.

I think anyone that mentions the email is entitled to the discount.  What is the tipping etiquette on something like this?  Tip based on the full amount is what I would guess.

That's what I would do.

This might be too good to pass up.

Another email came today with a little clarification. Looks like you need an actual copy of the email:

"This Sunday will be the first night of our special summer promotion to introduce you to Roberto's new menu. Starting on Sunday, July 3rd and running throughout the entire summer we will offer our Galileo menu and wine list for half price Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights at dinner time and Monday and Tuesday for lunch (Galileo is not open for lunch on Sundays).

This exclusive offer is only available to you, our loyal customers. To take advantage of this special offer, please bring a copy of this e-mail message and present it to your waiter upon being seated."

Another email came today with a little clarification. Looks like you need an actual copy of the email:

"This Sunday will be the first night of our special summer promotion to introduce you to Roberto's new menu. Starting on Sunday, July 3rd and running throughout the entire summer we will offer our Galileo menu and wine list for half price Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights at dinner time and Monday and Tuesday for lunch (Galileo is not open for lunch on Sundays).

This exclusive offer is only available to you, our loyal customers. To take advantage of this special offer, please bring a copy of this e-mail message and present it to your waiter upon being seated."

Would some kind soul willing to forward said email PM me so I can give you my email address? :lol:

The service at Galileo has been pretty brusque in my experience (the Lab was different, though). I wonder what it's going to be like when you start off with "So I have this half-off email thingy" :lol:

Straight from the horse's mouth - I beseech you - and I haven't beseeched anyone in a long time - PLEASE tip on the full amount and not the half-price amount. Cheers, Rocks.

With regard to the half price special we would be more than happy to extend it to your readers. We've decided it would be nice to keep track of how folks have heard about it so if they could print out the offer from your site that would be fabulous.

I just heard from Alysa at Galileo once again - to emphasize, please make sure to print out and actually bring a copy of the e-mail if you go (bold text is my own). Enjoy, Rocks.

Just saw the thread. In the initial message we did say mention the e-mail, but we decided we'd really like to monitor the effectiveness of the e-mail list so that is why we changed the request to have people bring a copy of the e-mail. We'll honor the discount if someone does not bring a copy of the message, but we'd really, really appreciate it if they would. Thanks!

There was been talk of taking advantage of the half price special and putting together a group to check it out on a Sunday evening.

If you are interested in joining in please contact me and let me know which Sunday in July works best for you.

I should add that it was a bit awkward handing our waiter the email "coupon" at the start of dinner. It felt very out of place in a restaurant of Galileo's reputation. Maybe some of you DRers have ideas on a different way to do this that we could suggest to Galileo? Perhaps by confiriming that their email address is on their mailing list when making a reservation?

I should add that it was a bit awkward handing our waiter the email "coupon" at the start of dinner.  It felt very out of place in a restaurant of Galileo's reputation.  Maybe some of you DRers have ideas on a different way to do this that we could suggest to Galileo?  Perhaps by confiriming that their email address is on their mailing list when making a reservation?

Well since the restaurant themselves put out the promotion and informed diners how to handle it, then it should not feel awkward. Hopefully the staff is not going to treat those who use the discount poorly.

After reading your review, I think the staff should feel awkward at serving food that is a disappoinment.