$20 dr.com Dinner at Spice-Xing - NEW MEMBERS WELCOME!

DanielK

From your office to Spice Xing, how long would it take? I also haven't been to Passage to India and I'm interested in both.

Rush hour is obviously variable, but if we set a 7:30 start, it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes from 50 & 495 unless there's greater than usual congestion.

PTI is lovely, but not really doable on $20.

porcupine, that's fine by me. Mondays are bad for me - how is Wednesday or Thursday next week or the week after?

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS!

Anyone who wants to join is always welcome! Post here or PM me or the coordinator to get on the list.

Wednesday, April 1, 7:30pm, Spice Xing (Indian), 100-B Gibbs Street, Rockville

Coordinator: DanielK, website, DR.com topic

DanielK +1

porcupine +1

Ericandblueboy

Scott Johnston

xcanuck +1

MC Horoscope +1

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS!

Anyone who wants to join is always welcome! Post here or PM me or the coordinator to get on the list.

DanielK +1

porcupine +1

Ericandblueboy

Scott Johnston

xcanuck +1

MC Horoscope +1

cucas87

Heather

legant

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS!

Hi DanielK

Thanks for coordinating the dinner. If it is not too much of a detour for you, I would you rather stop by and we fix a menu so that you all can enjoy the evening instead of spending time over the menu and ordering.

We can then fix a menu for $20 which would satisfy everyone in the group. I am sure you would be familiar with their tastes and any dietary restrictions. Any last moment changes can still be incorporated.

Regards

If it is not too much of a detour for you, I would you rather stop by and we fix a menu so that you all can enjoy the evening instead of spending time over the menu and ordering.

We can then fix a menu for $20 which would satisfy everyone in the group. I am sure you would be familiar with their tastes and any dietary restrictions. Any last moment changes can still be incorporated.

I live less than 10 minutes away - I would be happy to stop by and talk about a menu. Sending you a PM to discuss times.

Attendees - let me know if you have any specific requests or restrictions...

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS!

Hi DanielK

Thanks for coordinating the dinner. If it is not too much of a detour for you, I would you rather stop by and we fix a menu so that you all can enjoy the evening instead of spending time over the menu and ordering.

Regards

Holy crap, if you're not already signed up for this dinner, do so NOW. The variety and amount of food that Chef Seth is planning for your $20 is going to be stupendous. Menu forthcoming, but expect pickles, breads, lots of small plates, an incredible variety of mains, and TWO desserts. Most of it is from the menu, though there will be a couple of specials. And, there are plenty of vegetable items, so vegetarians and pescatarians should join in.

P.S. The space is gorgeous, and there's a bar. Dinner is at 7:30, but I will be there early...

Hi DanielK

Regards

Holy crap, if you're not already signed up for this dinner, do so NOW. The variety and amount of food that Chef Seth is planning for your $20 is going to be stupendous. Menu forthcoming, but expect pickles, breads, lots of small plates, an incredible variety of mains, and TWO desserts. Most of it is from the menu, though there will be a couple of specials. And, there are plenty of vegetable items, so vegetarians and pescatarians should join in.

P.S. The space is gorgeous, and there's a bar. Dinner is at 7:30, but I will be there early...

All right folks, start building your appetite. Thanks to Daniel's visit, last night we were able to plan a menu for the April 1st evening.

On arrival:

Pickle & Condiment platter with Onion Kulchas

Appetizer sampler:

Chicken Kathi Roll

Tawa Grilled Scallops with anise

Chili Cheese Toast

Vegetable Cutless (no jokes please)

Entrees (served family style for better sharing):

Chicken Chatpata (kitchen special-not on the menu)

Nariyal Fish Curry (king mackerel in a coconut sauce)

Salli Boti Jardaloo (lamb stewed with apricots-a Parsi specialty)

Vegetable Chorchori (potatoes, radish and eggplants)

Peas/Corn/Carrots/Pineapple Gratin

Accompaniments:

Lemon Rice

Salad

Dal Makhni (lentils)

Garlic Nan / Mint Paratha

Dessert

Semolina Halwa

Shreekhand (yogurt dessert)

Folks, get the numbers up to make it more fun for me.

How firm is "signing up" for this event as compared to some of the other DR.com dinners? The menu looks amazing and I really want to go (especially given the restaurant's proximity from home), but we have a huge brief due that day and it won't be clear until the late afternoon whether I can get out of the office in time.

How firm is "signing up" for this event as compared to some of the other DR.com dinners? The menu looks amazing and I really want to go (especially given the restaurant's proximity from home), but we have a huge brief due that day and it won't be clear until the late afternoon whether I can get out of the office in time.

Chef Seth will need to answer. I'm happy to pass you my cell number, and just have you call me late afternoon when you know whether you're in or not, but I don't know how much advance prep he needs to change the number.

Chef Seth will need to answer. I'm happy to pass you my cell number, and just have you call me late afternoon when you know whether you're in or not, but I don't know how much advance prep he needs to change the number.

Still room for this? And it is walkable from Rockville metro? Rather not drive from Alexandria.

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS!

DanielK +2

porcupine +1

Ericandblueboy

Scott Johnston

xcanuck +1

MC Horoscope +1

cucas87

Heather

legant

MMM +1

sphere777

aaronsinger

TheMatt?

silentbob?

Parking in the new downtown Rockville is plentiful and free after 7pm. The Rockville Metro station is a quick 3 block walk. And we're not starting until 7:30, so traffic shouldn't be an issue for most. No reason not to RSVP for this one!!

To all our lurkers and guests: If you've been thinking about registering and becoming a member, now's your chance. If you register today (or tomorrow, or maybe even Tuesday), you should absolutely feel free to attend this $20 event - just RSVP in this thread and introduce yourselves.

Many people at this Spice-Xing event will not know each other, so please don't let that hold you back. This is a friendly, lively crew of people and you'll be made to feel like one of the family.

Click HERE to register (and please respond to the auto-generated confirmation letter - I'll confirm your membership within 24 hours).

Cheers, and welcome in advance!

Rocks

You have NO idea how much I f**king hate to do this....I was so excited to check out Sudhir Seth's newest offerings but now I've been punished to the deepest depths of Orange County for most of next week. So me and the +1 are out. Sucks to be me....again...

You have NO idea how much I f**king hate to do this....I was so excited to check out Sudhir Seth's newest offerings but now I've been punished to the deepest depths of Orange County for most of next week. So me and the +1 are out. Sucks to be me....again...

I understand how this takes YOU out, but we'd love to have your +1 flying solo...

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS!

DanielK +2

porcupine +1 (?)

Ericandblueboy

Scott Johnston

MC Horoscope +1

cucas87

Heather?

MMM +1

sphere777

aaronsinger

crackers

rkduggins

rcoreyw +1

bbhasin

TheMatt

silentbob?

Parking in the new downtown Rockville is plentiful and free after 7pm. The Rockville Metro station is a quick 3 block walk. And we're not starting until 7:30, so traffic shouldn't be an issue for most. No reason not to RSVP for this one!!

Could someone please locate Spice Xing using Rockvile landmarks? I've lived there forever but I moved to Gaithersburg recently and I can't figure out where it is by looking at Google (Town Center maybe?).

You can use almost any building in downtown and I can get it (Maxim Supermarket, Pho 75, and so on)

rob t.

I guess Town Center is what they call it. It is a stone’s throw from the movie theater (North and West one block), on a piece of redeveloped land that use to have a CVS and Marauders.

I'd like to join in myself, but with a sick toddler at home, going out is not an option. I was there a few weeks ago, probably right after it opened. Looking at the menu, $20 is a STEAL. This could easily be the best $20 you'll spend all season.

one word... TIVO

Skipper builds a boat and Gillian sinks it, they get off the island, only to fine that Mr. Howell lost all his money in the market crash. Ginger turns to hooking and the professor admits he is a cross dressor. Mary Ann dies.

Alright, alright, I'm in. No one better spoil "Lost" for me!

Could someone please locate Spice Xing using Rockvile landmarks? I've lived there forever but I moved to Gaithersburg recently and I can't figure out where it is by looking at Google (Town Center maybe?).

You can use almost any building in downtown and I can get it (Maxim Supermarket, Pho 75, and so on)

rob t.

CLICK below for directions

http://spicexing.com/contact.html