Butter Chicken

My favorite version of butter chicken--Murg Makhani--remains Chef Sudhir Seth's version at Passage to India (Bethesda). There are many other excellent versions--Heritage India and Rasika come to mind, as well as Haandi and Ghar-e-Kabab (Silver Spring), but to these taste buds, Passage to India sets the standard.

My favorite version of butter chicken--Murg Makhani--remains Chef Sudhir Seth's version at Passage to India (Bethesda). There are many other excellent versions--Heritage India and Rasika come to mind, as well as Haandi and Ghar-e-Kabab (Silver Spring), but to these taste buds, Passage to India sets the standard.

Thanks.. I guess when I get a night off I will take her there...

I'm partial to the Butter Chicken at the Bombay Curry Company in Arlandria and its sister restaurant, the Delhi Club in Clarendon. I admit that it could be because it was the first place I ever had Butter Chicken, but I don't think it's been better anywhere else I've tried. Oh. Now I have a craving.

I'm partial to the Butter Chicken at the Bombay Curry Company in Arlandria and its sister restaurant, the Delhi Club in Clarendon. I admit that it could be because it was the first place I ever had Butter Chicken, but I don't think it's been better anywhere else I've tried. Oh. Now I have a craving.

I second that. I've had butter chicken at too many places to count and I always seem to come back to Bombay Curry Company as my favorite. I also enjoy Rasika's as well.

I know Delhi Dahba (Arlington) gets a bad rap but I love their Butter Chicken. My Darling Husband says it is because it contains sugar.

Your darling husband is probably right. The original recipe recommends adding a little honey or sugar, to counteract the acidity, if the tomatoes are too tart but these days it has become a standard practice to just add the sugar.

My wife came back from England and all she talks about is Butter Chicken... What restaurant has the best Butter chicken in the DC MD Area?

The butter chicken at Rangoli in South Riding is fantastic. It's hotter than your average butter chicken, so it was a bit much for Twinsmommy, but I found it to be incredibly complex and luscious.

My wife came back from England and all she talks about is Butter Chicken... What restaurant has the best Butter chicken in the DC MD Area?

Heritage in Glover Park - much as I love Rasika, Heritage's version of this dish is better (but Rasika's is certainly good).

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing in the United States that even approaches, say, Akbar's or EastzEast in Manchester, certainly not Videet Bhatia in London. If anyone who has been to these restaurants or who has experienced, say, Chutney Mary's in London or the "Curry Mile" in Rushholme in Manchester and found anything here even close, please let me know.

http://www.akbars.co.uk/ is their website. They now have eight or nine restaurants but their Bradford and Manchester restaurants are their flagships and where their reputation is founded. This is eastzeast' dinner menu: http://www.eastzeast.com/EastZEastMMenu09.pdf The two Michelin star Vineet Bhatia in London is the best Indian restaurant in the world: http://www.rasoirestaurant.co.uk/ Raisa, I would describe it as interpretative Indian.