Tour and Tasting at Baying Hound Aleworks and Lunch at Sichuan Pavilion

DanielK

New member BayingHoundAleworks (Paul) has graciously agreed to give us a private tour and tasting at Baying Hound, the new nano-brewery that he runs in Rockville.

Simultaneously, xcanuck and I were trying to figure out a date to get a group to Sichuan Pavilion for a spicy feast.

So, we figured, why not combine the events! We'll do the lunch at 12:30, searing our palates on Sichuan goodies, and then make the 2 minute drive over to Baying Hound to cool them off.

You can RSVP for either or both (post here or send me a PM), but I will have to cut off the tour/tasting at 10 people (it's a really small brewery). No limit on the headcount for lunch.

OK, fire away!

Lunch

xcanuck +1.5

DanielK +1

TheMatt

plunk +1

Tweaked

squidsdc +1

jpw

Tour

xcanuck

DanielK

plunk +1

Tweaked

squidsdc +1

pjnewman +1

jpw

Don't forget me! We were channeling the same thoughts, remember? Guess not so much anymore :) Anyway, put me down for the tour, +1 at the moment. I'll recheck the +1 and let you know for certain. Don't think we'll be able to do Sichuan Pavilion, though.

ETA +1 says yes...so I guess we will be able to do Sichuan Pavilion!

OK, that makes us full for the tour, but anyone who still wants to join us for lunch is welcome. And I'll keep a waiting list for the tour, for the inevitable drops.

Lunch

xcanuck +1.5

DanielK +2

TheMatt

plunk +1

Tweaked

squidsdc +1

JPW

ema

sweth

eroica38

sphere777

goodeats +1

NPC

Tour

xcanuck

DanielK

plunk +1

Tweaked

squidsdc +1

pjnewman +1

JPW

ema

sweth

eroica38

goodeats +1

OK, that makes us full for the tour, but anyone who still wants to join us for lunch is welcome. And I'll keep a waiting list for the tour, for the inevitable drops.

Can you put me on the list for lunch and waitlist for the tour? I met Paul last week and was the one who suggested he post something here inviting people to tour his "nanobrewery"; I was actually going to post something myself but have been out of town and just got back today.

Just a heads up, the brewery is not heated. If you get cold easily, bring a coat.

I would encourage you to bring exact change, though I can take credit cards. It goes through a payment gateway online so it isn't like swiping a card. Here is some pricing:

Pint Glasses $6.00

Bombers (22 oz bottles) $6.00

6 pack of Pale Ale (6 12 oz bottles) $10.00

OK, here's the final list. 19 for lunch, and 14 for the tour. See everyone tomorrow!

BRING CASH!

Lunch

xcanuck +1.5

DanielK +2

TheMatt

plunk +1

Tweaked

squidsdc +1

JPW

ema

eroica38

sphere777

goodeats +1

noahcofc

Tour

DanielK

plunk +1

Tweaked

squidsdc +1

pjnewman +1

JPW

ema

eroica38

goodeats +1

noahcofc

OK, here's the final list. 21 for lunch, and 14.5 for the tour. See everyone tomorrow!

Or, sadly, 20 for lunch and 13.5 for the tour; I'm going to have to bail because of work.

I might have to make an emergency lunch trip to HKP, and then a trip up to Baying Hound once Paul's India Brown is ready...

Didn't make it to the Tasting/Tour but I want to say thanks for setting up the lunch. It was delicious! I will definitely enjoy the leftovers. Its great to meet people who are passionate and know about good food! I will check back to see if there is something like this again.

Didn't make it to the Tasting/Tour but I want to say thanks for setting up the lunch. It was delicious! I will definitely enjoy the leftovers. Its great to meet people who are passionate and know about good food! I will check back to see if there is something like this again.

We were wondering whether you had to split, or whether you'd gotten lost on the way to BH from the restaurant!

Paul, thanks again for the tour and tasting. Really enjoyed the beers, and like what you're doing. Here's hoping you get more traction with local restaurants and liquor stores!

Depends on if you want the tour and tasting. I am open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays. Saturdays it has to be after 2:00. This Saturday is kind of shot, I'm doing a tasting at Roots Market in Olney. Fridays, I am around 8:30-5PM with the exception of 20 minutes on Friday when I go and drop off beer at the DLC.

If you wait a week, I should have another experimental beer ready to drink. I just bottled the Brunch Stout.

Depends on if you want the tour and tasting. I am open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays. Saturdays it has to be after 2:00. This Saturday is kind of shot, I'm doing a tasting at Roots Market in Olney. Fridays, I am around 8:30-5PM with the exception of 20 minutes on Friday when I go and drop off beer at the DLC.

If you wait a week, I should have another experimental beer ready to drink. I just bottled the Brunch Stout.

That Brunch Stout sounded quite tasty...!