Poll: Fall Picnic Dates 2011

DameEdna

42 members have voted

1. 1. Choose ALL Dates That Work For You!

• October 2
    • October 16
    • October 23
    • October 30

Are we thinking it will be too cool after October 23? Selfishly, I would love it if October 29 was an option, as I just scored el-cheapo airline tickets for a DC visit October 28-31. Even if picnic attendance is impossible, though, I sure would love to get together with some folks. Haven't been back to Washington since June of last year!

Are we thinking it will be too cool after October 23? Selfishly, I would love it if October 29 was an option, as I just scored el-cheapo airline tickets for a DC visit October 28-31. Even if picnic attendance is impossible, though, I sure would love to get together with some folks. Haven't been back to Washington since June of last year!

We've done it on the very last Sunday of the month before so I can add that to the poll -- it will be the 30th, as we do the picnic on a Sunday so our industry members have a chance to come!

The problem now is that people who have already voted can't vote again, I think. If you've already voted and want to log a vote for Oct 30, PM me.

I've removed some under-represented poll dates (but left October 30th for people who voted before it was an option). For our new members -- check out some information on picnics past and go ahead and vote in the poll. We'd love to see everybody out at the park in October.

(And remember, the caja china agm said October 2 was his only available date, meaning *cough*pigroastisapossibilitynotthatIambiased*cough*.)

I think that pork, especially for a fall picnic, should always be a secondary theme, whether it's an onsite roast or bacon in almost everything-that said, I guess you can make good food & leave out the pork. I'm contributing to a breakfast tomorrow morning, w/ a shrimp & grits casserole & hash browns, & I'm trying to eliminate pork, for any dietary restrictions...

(And remember, the caja china agm said October 2 was his only available date, meaning *cough*pigroastisapossibilitynotthatIambiased*cough*.)

agm, assuming 10/2 wins and I will cheat and vote multiple times to make this happen are you thinking piggie or other small beastie in the box?

We haven't made any specific plans. I hope nobody is planning around us. The new caja china is slightly larger and a lot heavier, and therefore less portable. I was thinking of something in the Orion, or I guess we could do something smaller in the caja china at home and bring it fully cooked. Maybe a goat? Bringing the box to cook on-site is still an option if people really want that, but would take a bit more planning.

We haven't made any specific plans. I hope nobody is planning around us. The new caja china is slightly larger and a lot heavier, and therefore less portable. I was thinking of something in the Orion, or I guess we could do something smaller in the caja china at home and bring it fully cooked. Maybe a goat? Bringing the box to cook on-site is still an option if people really want that, but would take a bit more planning.

I'll make sure you get help with transportation to/from and loading/unloading, if these are sticking points.