The Upper Crust Pizzeria, a Massachusetts Chain Closed Downtown, but Open in Arlington Under New Management - Closed

Shuttered for at least a week. According to the Boston Herald, the whole chain shut down. Btw. Taylor gourmet is supposed to open across the street. That means within a block radius you will have Taylor, Potbelly, Quiznos, Subway in addition to Bread Line, G Street, Phillips, Corner Bakery, Brown Bag and the list goes on. Clearly sandwiches do well. Pizza, maybe not.

Shuttered for at least a week. According to the Boston Herald, the whole chain shut down. Btw. Taylor gourmet is supposed to open across the street. That means within a block radius you will have Taylor, Potbelly, Quiznos, Subway in addition to Bread Line, G Street, Phillips, Corner Bakery, Brown Bag and the list goes on. Clearly sandwiches do well. Pizza, maybe not.

According to this December 19th Boston.com piece, the DC landlord bought back the lease.

And this December 28th Boston Globe article has the company appearing to be in some type of ominous limbo.

Does anyone know if the DC location is still open, or have any information about its future?

I know that the online ordering for the DC website was down as early as last week, the "Washington DC" location has disappeared from the Upper Crust website and that I couldn't get through on the phone, either.

If you let the phone ring and ring, you'll eventually get a message saying that it's Sunday, April 8th (!), and that they'll be back open tomorrow, April 9th. I assume this is a generic "closed Sunday" message that they neglected to change, but who knows.

My office ordered a pallet of pizza from Upper Crust today. Very, very, very thin crust. Floppy. Good toppings. Borderline excessive garlic but not over the edge. Is it something I would crave? Veer out of my way for? Squeeee about? No. But it was awfully, awfully convenient and pretty tasty. Free helps too.