weezy

kmango (+1)

monovano (+1)

thematt

goldenticket (possibly +1)

ktmoomau (+1)

danielk (+1)

porcupine (+1)

We'd need a few more since some won't be able to make whatever date and +1s aren't certain. That said, if we get much more interest than 10-12, I'll be happy to set up two nights too. I'll coordinate this and post back here shortly with proposed dates. We were just four last night and had a blast. No doubt this august group would ensure an Even Greater Time replete with lots of wine :P

Seems like a week day would be better and probably easier to schedule for a large group. Mid-March?

I'm sure they'd be happier giving us the whole place on a weekday rather than weekend, but weekdays are much harder for those of us who would have to get out passports and cross the river for this event.

Three dates for your consideration. Please let me know as many as you could do versus just picking one since that'll give us more flexibility and be much easier to finalize. SF has a 24 hour cancellation policy if anything comes up after we book. And again, okay if we have more than 12. I'm happy to organize two dates if needed.

Option#1: Weds, March 28th at 7:30pm

Option #2: Thurs, March 29th at 7:30pm

Option #3: Saturday, March 31st at 9pm

One other choice we'd have if we book the entire bar (10-12 people) as seems likely. Society Fair's 'Demo Dinners' are planned according to whatever is fresh and in the market in a given week. The only guidance in advance are "themes" that are normally assigned by day of week. So, for example, Wednesdays are "chefs choice", Thursday's are "comfort", Friday's are "fish" and Saturday's are "luxe." No more info on what the themes would entail specifically; have to be open to whatever they do when we go. But, we can pick whatever theme we'd like by booking the entire bar. Personally, I'd love to do either fish or luxe since those might be the most interesting. But that's a choice for all of you too and they'd be priced $10 higher at $55 rather than $45 pp. So, in addition to dates, pick themes you like from:

(a) - comfort ($45)

(letterB) - chef's choice ($45)

(letterC) - luxe ($55)

(d) - fish ($55)

(e) - any of the above are fine

As example, I can do any of the three dates and would choose either luxe or fish. You?

While I am not able to join in, I just wanted to thank you, darkstar, for giving Trey Massey his props.

Back in the day when he served as a personal chef, I became one of his biggest fans. While a rather unassuming kind of guy, his intelligence and commitment to what he does both come through in buckets in front of an audience. He's a truly gifted teacher and this should be a great evening!

Darkstar965 (+1)

weezy

kmango (+1)

monovano (+1)

thematt

goldenticket (possibly +1)

ktmoomau (+1)

danielk (+1)

porcupine (+1)

Thanks much to everyone for getting back to me. And thanks also for being as flexible as you were. The above 15 or 16 people seem firm with the only uncertainty whether goldenticket will be +1 and who else may want in. I think our number means we can support two different nights. Thanks to the wonders of ms excel, I have all the date and theme prefs loaded into a spreadsheet and will create two new topics here under Events for each of the two dates and then delete this master thread. We'll be able to include 2-4 more people for each of the two nights but I think our committed number now will be enough for them to book the two nights for us. Look for the two new topics for each event tomorrow and I'll list the names for each date in those so you can block your calendars. I'll allocate everyone for one of the two dates by whatever preferences you expressed and then to even out with an even number each night for those that didn't care which date.

Thanks much to everyone for getting back to me. And thanks also for being as flexible as you were. The above 15 or 16 people seem firm with the only uncertainty whether goldenticket will be +1 and who else may want in. I think our number means we can support two different nights. Thanks to the wonders of ms excel, I have all the date and theme prefs loaded into a spreadsheet and will create two new topics here under Events for each of the two dates and then delete this master thread. We'll be able to include 2-4 more people for each of the two nights but I think our committed number now will be enough for them to book the two nights for us. Look for the two new topics for each event tomorrow and I'll list the names for each date in those so you can block your calendars. I'll allocate everyone for one of the two dates by whatever preferences you expressed and then to even out with an even number each night for those that didn't care which date.

darkstar and others who have set up events recently, you are vital to this website. I originally typed "you are the fabric of this website," but that's not true because everyone who attends is part of the fabric. Still, the people who organize and go the extra mile - keep lists, poke, prod, and set things up with the restaurants ... without things like this, there's no Events and Gatherings forum other than for commercial events (commercial events are fine, but I consider them a nice supplement to what this community is all about).

Thank you - I look from afar (not really from "afar," but knowing that I may not be able to attend) with interest, envy, and gratitude, and I read every word of every post.

Cheers,

Rocks

I'd like to claim at least one of the slots available for either 3/28 or 3/29, with a possible +1 if space allows nearer the date. I'm open to all the menu choices but have a slight preference for chef's choice or fish. And thanks to darkstar for arranging this!

Super. We're getting closer to capacity now with the lillith and 22209 additions. The 28th is no longer in play FYI. The nights will be Thursday, March 29th and, two nights later, Saturday March 31st. That works with all the preferences already sent to me so no need to send 'em again. Look for the two separate event threads to go up this weekend. Those will have everyone assigned/divided between the two dates in best accordance with preferences possible and in total accordance with availability since that's non-negotiable. When the two date-specific threads go up, this thread will lock and redirect future visitors to the actual event threads. Here's the current lineup in order of signup:

Darkstar965 (+1)

weezy

kmango (+1)

monovano (+1)

thematt

goldenticket (+1)

ktmoomau (+1)

danielk (+1)

porcupine (+1)

lillith (+1)

22209 (+1)

Oh, and welcome aboard lillith and 22209 (catchy name there--reminds me of a Javert song in Les Mis :D )! Great to have some newer members joining. Will be a blast methinks.

This topic is now LOCKED. That means no more posts can be made on it. Why?

This thread was used to assess interest in a unique dinner event for dr.com members at Society Fair in Alexandria. There was interest. In fact, enough interest to support two like events to accommodate everyone and we'll create a third event if more want in.

So now, if you are interested to learn about this event or attend one of the scheduled dates, you can click here to gawk, pose questions, raise a hand or inquire about another date possibility if we get enough interest to add a third date.