Happy 7th Anniversary, DR.com - Friday, April 20th, 2012 Happy Hour at Fiola, 4-6 PM

So, today marks the 7th anniversary of the creation of DonRockwell.com (according to the membership records).

In honor of this momentous occasion, the friendships created, meals eaten, dishes cooked, tips shared, and all the other great things that happen around here, we shall celebrate!

When: Friday, April 20, 2012

Where: Fiola's bar

Happy Hour runs from 4:00 - 6:00 pm, though I'm sure things will last beyond that.

Please stop in to say hi to old friends, meet some new ones, and raise a glass "To Rocks"!

All are welcome :)

Happy Anniversary, Don!

I will be there. Fiola's usual happy hour menu includes discounted Negronis (and variations), wines (including some by the bottle), etc. Fiola's regular wine list also includes some interesting bargains from oddball places in Italy, so some poaching of that may have to occur, as well.

What time are people actually planning to arrive? We can't make 4:00, but we do plan to stop by.

I'm going to try be there around 5. I think a few folks are planning to arrive on the early side (4-4:30ish), but I imagine there will be plenty coming closer to 6-6:30, depending on work schedules.

Hope to see you all there!

Fiola's address is Pennsylvania Ave, but Google Maps puts it on Indiana. For those of us who have not been there, is the entrance on Indiana or Pennsylvania?

Indiana. From Constitution, go up 7th (can't turn left until 6:30, but can go up 6th instead), and Indiana is an immediate right, heading one-way northeast over to 6th. There's a chance you'll find street parking on Indiana which I believe doesn't have rush hour restrictions.

Indiana. From Constitution, go up 7th (can't turn left until 6:30, but can go up 6th instead), and Indiana is an immediate right, heading one-way northeast over to 6th. There's a chance you'll find street parking on Indiana which I believe doesn't have rush hour restrictions.

Or, better yet, take the Metro :)

Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter stop on the Green/Yellow Line. Fiola is just across 7th Street from the Metro entrance, a very short walk up Indiana.

There's a chance you'll find street parking on Indiana which I believe doesn't have rush hour restrictions.

Indiana does not have rush hour restrictions.

If you're arriving after 4:30, you can park on the west side of 7th street on the block north of the passenger and those spots' meters turn off at 6:30. Nice downhill walk down, as well.