Hurricane Sandy Arriving

thistle

The A-Rod joke has been cracking me up.

I just had my first real power flickers, which means I turned off things I super care about (my 360 and new TV), leave on my router and computer (the former is cheap enough that I'm like sure, whatever, the latter is old enough that I have a replacement en route), and switch to books and cookies.

And maybe beer, as I've been drinking rum for hours. Or more rum.

Power has flickered several times, we've cooked up the 2lbs of Broccoli (Costco) in to soup, cooked our eggs hard boiled, stocked the freezer with containers of water to freeze a few days ago to keep it full...so far power is on, and keeping fingers crossed that it stays that way. Since you're familiar with the area Don, if you see this, parts of Colesville Rd are closed north of Four Corners.

Lost power for only 2.5 hours last night -- immediately after finishing cooking dinner, so very good timing there. Still slept in the den in case of falling timber but no issues there. However, when rolling up my bedroll, I threw my back out. This confirms what I've always suspected:

Hurricanes = bothersome

Housework = dangerous

Second that. We have three bags of ice and a ton of Chinese restaurant containers full of ice if anyone needs them (would like the containers back) and can loan you two nice Coleman battery lanterns with new batteries. Fairfax near State Police station on Braddock Road.

Lost power for only 2.5 hours last night -- immediately after finishing cooking dinner, so very good timing there. Still slept in the den in case of falling timber but no issues there. However, when rolling up my bedroll, I threw my back out. This confirms what I've always suspected:

Hurricanes = bothersome

Housework = dangerous

I am so glad you are mostly OK, but this post made me laugh out loud during an otherwise stressful day at work.

Hurricanes = bothersome

Housework = dangerous

We never lost power, just had a few spikes. But I did manage to injure my rib cage last night, by sneezing. :(