Upcoming Dr.com Events

hillvalley

This is your official notice to keep an eye on the board for an announcement in the next few days regarding our next two events. They will both be stellar dinners highlighting two of DC's most talented chefs.

One event will have a high pricepoint. We are still working out the details of the other. Although it won't be as expensive, it will not be a cheap night so start saving your greenbacks. Both are sure to be meals you will not forget.

So start your speculating. If you know the details about one of the dinners please don't spoil the fun and announce what it is before we are ready. Half the fun of these dinners is sitting back and having you try to figure out where our next gastronomical adventure will take us. :)

This is your official notice to keep an eye on the board for an announcement in the next few days regarding our next two events.  They will both be stellar dinners highlighting two of DC's most talented chefs.

One event will have a high pricepoint.  We are still working out the details of the other.  Although it won't be as expensive, it will not be a cheap night so start saving your greenbacks.  Both are sure to be meals you will not forget.

So start your speculating.  If you know the details about one of the dinners please don't spoil the fun and announce what it is before we are ready.  Half the fun of these dinners is sitting back and having you try to figure out where our next gastronomical adventure will take us. :)

My guess is that one will be a massive 60-person game of musical stools/speed dating event at minibar.

The other one will be held on Valentines Day at Restaurant Eve who will sucker all those folks who signed contracts and cancel on them. The name of the evening will be Ventworms in Triple Space.

This is your official notice to keep an eye on the board for an announcement in the next few days regarding our next two events.  They will both be stellar dinners highlighting two of DC's most talented chefs.

One event will have a high pricepoint.  We are still working out the details of the other.  Although it won't be as expensive, it will not be a cheap night so start saving your greenbacks.  Both are sure to be meals you will not forget.

So start your speculating.  If you know the details about one of the dinners please don't spoil the fun and announce what it is before we are ready.  Half the fun of these dinners is sitting back and having you try to figure out where our next gastronomical adventure will take us. :)

Any dates and hints yet?

Perhaps it is a Hemingway-themed nanoLAB extravaganza. Sort of a "A Moveable Feast" meets "Death in the Afternoon" last-man-standing, Segway-mounted battle royale served by docile, conflicted castrati.

I will need volunteers to drive the ambulance.

A featured attendee will be Wilfred Brimley with a half-price coupon he found floating in the Potomac, that sadly, tragically, futilely can not be honored since it bears the e-mail address of Jack Abramoff, not his own, and he must go hungry but there was honor in the inevitability of the defeat.

Dessert will be at sunrise--cupcakes baked by the poor while those who have mock those who have not with degrading pictograms, the insult of which they will not understand since they are illiterate or do not speak English anyway.

Perhaps it is a Hemingway-themed nanoLAB extravaganza.  Sort of a "A Moveable Feast" meets "Death in the Afternoon" last-man-standing, Segway-mounted battle royale served by docile, conflicted castrati.

A featured attendee will be Wilfred Brimley with a half-price coupon he found floating in the Potomac, that sadly, tragically, futilely can not be honored since it bears the e-mail address of Jack Abramoff, not his own, and he must go hungry but there was honor in the inevitability of the defeat.

Dessert will be at sunrise--cupcakes baked by the poor while those who have mock those who have not with degrading pictograms, the insult of which they will not understand since they are illiterate or do not speak English anyway.

You are one deeply disturbed dude. :)

Is it me that is disturbed, or is it the world hoisted upon the petard of my outrage?

Interesting etymology: Middle French, from peter, to break wind, from pet expulsion of intestinal gas, from Latin peditum, from neuter of peditus, past participle of pedere, to break wind; akin to Greek bdein to break wind. (Merriam-Webster)

How that evolved into "trap" is beyond me.

Farts of outrage or outrageous farts?

Farts of outrage or outrageous farts?

From the suppressed Thurn and Taxis 1616 Folio Re-translation from the Castillian, purchased from the estate of Pierce Inverarity in the famously disputed "Lot 50" massacre by Trystero Corp., confessed stolen by one "Pig" Bodine on his deathbed--microwave poisoning--and bequethed to the Beardsley College Library (where I viewed it quite by chance while visiting my then fiancee Shelley Summers) by a shadowy William Slothrop:

"...the Slinghs and Arrowes of Owtrageous Phartuone..."

Make of this what you will. You can always count on a grill cook for purple prose...

From the suppressed Thurn and Taxis 1616 Folio Re-translation from the Castillian, purchased from the estate of Pierce Inverarity in the famously disputed "Lot 50" massacre by Trystero Corp., confessed stolen by one "Pig" Bodine on his deathbed--microwave poisoning--and bequethed to the Beardsley College Library (where I viewed it quite by chance while visiting my then fiancee Shelley Summers) by a shadowy William Slothrop:

Make of this what you will.  You can always count on a grill cook for purple prose...

One dinner is runored to be a banana degustation prepared by Chef Pirate Prentice whose resemblance to Hertzer is such that some speculate that they are indeed the same individual, the name change having been necessitated by a Mann Act violation some years ago. Course will include: mugsfull of banana mead...banana croissants and banana kreplach, and banana oatmeal and banana jam and banana bread, and bananas flamed in ancient brandy. For a small additional fee an private kabbalah-type ceremony is available afterwards in a private room.

The other dinner is reported to be planned for the Forked Yew, with dessert to follow at the Rusty Spoon.

Perhaps it is a Hemingway-themed nanoLAB extravaganza.  Sort of a "A Moveable Feast" meets "Death in the Afternoon" last-man-standing, Segway-mounted battle royale served by docile, conflicted castrati.

Hemingway actually drove an ambulance. He shares my birthday, too.

I had hoped to announce the details about both dinners today but unfortunately I do not have the information I need to satisfy your inevitable desire for details.

I'll give you these tidbits to whet your appetite....one will be in the beginning of February, the other at the end. Both will be blow out meals, with one in the splurge range and the other in the once a year, don't eat for a month splurge range. Both will be worth every penny. I'll fill in the missing details as soon as I can.

Also, I am working with Gerard to plan our exclusive cooking class. It will occur on a weekend morning and the final cost will include a three course meal with wine pairings. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Again, as soon as we have finalized the details I will let you know all the details and we will start the registration process.

Stay tuned to this channel for more details and instructions :)

Make of this what you will.  You can always count on a grill cook for purple prose...

This is really going far beyond my ability to understand. I think I'm just going to need to go with the flow. But, based upon prior Nanolab discussion, I bought a pair of mittens. Am I still going to need those? Or should I give them to those who have not, so they will then be those who have less?