Open City, Coffee Cafe and Wifi Hangout - Tryst's Sibling in Woodley Park and National Cathedral

I'll give these folks a bump for the altogether pleasant Fried Tilapia Po' Boy they served me for lunch today. The tilapia was breaded so it was rather dry and crispy on the outside, but still somewhat moist on the inside. More of the moistness and flavor came from the spicy cole slaw served on the bottom of the sandwich, which hid a pickle round on each half of the sandwich. It was served on a nicely crisp sub roll.

Open City is a pretty good, less expensive place. I've been there many times since it opened years ago. They've had this tilapia sandwich on the menu for awhile and like most of their food it is generous portion. My only nit was the slaw was a bit to spicy for me the time I had it. Generally, I find the food to be only ok - but the price is very reasonable and the outside sitting area is very nice when the weather isn't all wackadoodle like today.

Actually in the Cathedral's Old Baptistry. Menu: here

OpenCityA.jpg

Rather a long way from Friendship Heights, then.

Ack. I put it in the Dining Guide in Friendship Heights based on the address.

ETA: Of course, it makes a difference if you enter "3101 Wisconsin Ave. NW" and just "3101 Wisconsin Ave." (I actually didn't know the numbering of Wisconsin Ave. reset once you crossed the Maryland border.)

PS - Happy Monday morning, everyone. :)

Edited by DonRocks