Thamee, Burmese on 13th and H Street NE - From the Team behind Toli Moli, with Chef Jocelyn Law-Yone

On 6/16/2019 at 1:55 PM, youngfood said:

Sietsema's First Bite review is very favorable.  Anyone else been?  We're looking forward to our first visit.  

I've been now three times, and once for the pre-opening pop up and I like it. The service (all three times at the bar) is extremely friendly and attentive, and I've really liked the food. I feel like several of the things I've had could/should have been spicier, particularly when they're described as such on the menu, but the flavors have been really good. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, curiouskitkatt said:

Pre- paid dining credit account at Thamee. Bonuses offered up until 7-21-19. Not living in the area, I do not see the upside of signing onto this, but I could possibly see the value of this both for the business to build capital, and to encourage diners to dine here more often. Could this lead other restaurants starting "house accounts"?

I'm considering purchasing one since I live about four blocks away, and we quite enjoy the restaurants. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 8:48 AM, curiouskitkatt said:

Pre- paid dining credit account at Thamee. Bonuses offered up until 7-21-19. Not living in the area, I do not see the upside of signing onto this, but I could possibly see the value of this both for the business to build capital, and to encourage diners to dine here more often. Could this lead other restaurants starting "house accounts"?

On 7/18/2019 at 4:04 PM, Mark Dedrick said:

I'm considering purchasing one since I live about four blocks away, and we quite enjoy the restaurants. 

Himitsu and the upcoming Emilie's (both by Kevin Tien...well, Himitsu for a bit longer, at least) both used the same system to raise pre-opening funds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pat said:

Interesting detailed article on Slate about Thamee and how they've been affected by the pandemic.

Interestingly, I was at Thamee on March 9th (no *wonder* we got a reservation) - this was my final meal in any restaurant before the shitstorm. You can see how uncrowded it was.

Thamee.jpg

• Like 1