birthday dinner, group of 15, this sunday

LittleWing

Ok, i know its last minute, but I need to find a place to eat for a group of about 15 on THIS Sunday night. Anywhere in the city, as long as its good and in the Zaytinya-Firefly-Palena cafe price range. But not those three.

Please help, I'm at a loss...

Carolyn

Edited by LittleWing

Ok, i know its last minute, but I need to find a place to eat for a group of about 15 on THIS Sunday night.  Anywhere in the city, as long as its good and in the Zaytinya-Firefly-Palena cafe price range.  But not those three.

Carolyn

2 Amy's, Dino's, or Sonoma might work.

Ok, i know its last minute, but I need to find a place to eat for a group of about 15 on THIS Sunday night. Anywhere in the city, as long as its good and in the Zaytinya-Firefly-Palena cafe price range. But not those three.

Carolyn

And? And??

I put together a birthday dinner at Tabaq Bistro last month for a group of fourteen, and it worked out very well. I recommend e-mailing the manager, Omer, at info@tabaqdc.com, and asking about dinner for your group. The restaurant handled our group professionally, with minimal errors relative to how many diners we had at one table ordering numerous small plates in the middle of Saturday dinner rush. And the downstairs lounge is a good pre- and post-gathering location.

Rocks you are so strange. In a GOOD way

And in another weird way, you remembered my birthday! Last year's post was about my birthday celebration -- and we ended up going to Zaytinya, which was great, in terms of atmosphere as much as food, if not more so.

But this year I'm looking for another place - there will be 6-7 of us, and it will be this coming Monday evening, and we'd rather be able to make a reservation, so no places that only take walk-ins. As far as price, preferably the apps will be no more than about $10-12, and entrees no more than about $20-25. (the S.O. is taking me out for a fancy-pants romantic dinner on Wednesday - my actual birthday - to an as-of-yet undisclosed location. I heart surprises :) )

I'd rather stay in the district, but we're willing to venture to Alexandria or Arlington or Bethesda or somewhere. I'd like the food to be as stellar as possible, and I'd prefer to try somewhere that is not on the list of places I regularly go (that would include 2Amy's, Zaytinya, Jaleo, Tosca...). And of course little plates are always ok by me. I was thinking of Blacksalt (definitely on the higher side of the price range), but they're closed Mondays, and I really like the new food at Bar Pilar, but would that be too noisy? Maybe Tallula? Sonoma? Courdoroy? David Craig?

Any thoughts or other ideas?

Thanks again, for the second year in a row!

Carolyn

Thank you all so much for your suggestions! Dino, Notti Bianchi and Firefly sounded good but I've been to all of those quite recently. And Eve would be great but a little too expensive. I ended up making a reservation at Sonoma, and I'll let you know how it goes... Thanks again!