Daily Grill, a California Chain in Three Area Locations

Anyone been to the Daily Grill in Dupont Circle. I searched and did not find any mention of it. I know it's a chain but is the food passable.

Anything to avoid.

It has gone from mediocre to pretty bad in the last couple of years. The cobb salad is always pretty much decent for lunch.

Anyone been to the Daily Grill in Dupont Circle. I searched and did not find any mention of it. I know it's a chain but is the food passable.

Anything to avoid.

Have you seen the menu? It has everything you've ever eaten in your whole life from pizza to surf 'n turf, and everything in between.

Daily Grill = Cheesecake Factory's slightly (only very slightly) more refined cousin. I got to my Memphis hotel Tuesday night and thought "oh please no." My clients tend to pick it when given the option for the aforementioned similarity to the Cheesecake Factory. My guys are NOT daring eaters. Yesterday I dodged the Daily Grill bullet and we went to Blues City instead.

I have been unfortunate enough to eat from Daily Grill (Memphis) twice in the last 24 hours. First, I ordered a mid-afternoon meal out of desperation and a need to eat quickly while prepping for a meeting. My penne pesto with chicken was tasty in that let's-put-tons-of-butter-garlic-and-cream-in-so-the-diner-doesn't-notice-anything-else way. It was ok, definitely edible and absolutely enormous. Even though I ate only 1/4 of the dish, the richness gave me quite a stomachache. ;)

Today, I was set to have lunch (I'm not sure where, but somewhere local and "interesting"), but then it started storming and my colleague said "let's just go to Daily Grill." Blah. Again in the mood for pasta (silly me), I had angel hair pomodoro. I thought the simple dish would be hard to mess up, but it tasted pretty foul. I don't know if the garlic, and there was a lot of it, was old, spoiled or...something, but it just wasn't right. I didn't care enough to complain; just wanted to get through the lunch.

Just wanted to let you all know that Daily Grills throughout DC will feature a three-course prix fixe menu for 39.75 per person at all locations to celebrate this seminal time of year.

This menu is available now!

Appetizer

Jumbo Lump Crab Cake

Seasoned with Old Bay Seasoning Served with a Shallot White Wine Reduction

OR

Caprese Salad

Vine Ripened Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella Topped with Chiffonade of Basil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Entrée

Pan Seared Sea Scallops

With an Orange Fennel Beurre Blanc Sauce

Served with Sautéed Spinach, Onions and Crimini Mushrooms

OR

Filet Mignon and Shrimp Scampi

Petite Filet with Three Shrimp Sautéed Scampi Style Served with Grilled Vegetables

Roasted Rack of Lamb

Marinated in our Rosemary Herb Seasoning

Served with Spinach Mashed Potatoes and a Marsala Mint Sauce

OR

Baked Idaho Trout with Jumbo Lump Crab

Topped with a Hazelnut Lemon Butter Sauce Served with Grilled Vegetables

Dessert

NY Style Cheesecake

Topped with a Warm Cherry Compote

--------

Daily Grill Locations and Phone Numbers

18th and M Street