Super Bowl Takeout

ruslev

I am trying to decide where to get my food for my Super Bowl party. Certainly, everybody has their favorite places for take out for this event. For example, should I get subs from the Italian Store? or BBQ from Urban BBQ? I would really like to know some great places to get take-out food. Thanks :mellow:

I am trying to decide where to get my food for my Super Bowl party. Certainly, everybody has their favorite places for take out for this event. For example, should I get subs from the Italian Store? or BBQ from Urban BBQ? I would really like to know some great places to get take-out food. Thanks :mellow:

I'm rooting for the Giants so I'd go with subs-but heck it's winter and it's cold so warm comfort food would be my choice. I'm going to whip up some Hard Times Cincinnati chili-you could pick up wings and chili at a HT near you.

Seems like an appropriate day to have a "Manhattan vs. New England" clam chowder tasting. If I was staying home, that's what I'd be making. (I know that this doesn't particularly have anything to do with take-out food, but another "Super Bowl" food thread seemed unnecessary.)

You mean New Jersey Swamp Stew. :mellow:

For a once-a-year treat, nothing beats melted Velveeta with a can of Rotel tomatoes/onions and a can of black beans, with those hint of lime chips! I like it with fresh tomatoes added, too, on top of the Rotel. I also like fresh guac with tomatoes and the same chips. And fresh salsa...hmmm...maybe I know what I'm having Sunday...

*WARNING* Super Bowl Sunday is The Italian Store's single busiest day of the year. Either call ahead tomorrow (Thursday) and find out if you can give them an advance order, or get there the moment they open and be prepared to stand in line on Sunday morning. To my mind, it's worth it :)

They sell an unbelievable number of pizzas that day, probably 2-3 times that number in sandwiches.

Forewarned is forearmed. Good luck.

I am trying to decide where to get my food for my Super Bowl party. Certainly, everybody has their favorite places for take out for this event. For example, should I get subs from the Italian Store? or BBQ from Urban BBQ? I would really like to know some great places to get take-out food. Thanks :)

Restaurant Nage is doing an interesting promo with a Super Bowl meal to go. The chef is putting together a venison chili, an array of wings and more -- enough to feed 10. You can read more about it in www.thelistareyouonit.com :mellow:

I called Urban BBQ this morning and they were very easy to work with. Their website has a nice catering menu which allows you to order in bulk. Last year I made the mistake of trying to place an order on the day of the game at Rocklands. They told me that the super bowl is their busiest day of the year. The italian store is swamped on a normal sunday, but the thought of BBQ brisket and chicken with their redneck fondue dip is too hard to avoid for the super bowl.

Now, where do I find a great dessert?