Presidential Inauguration Weekend

Waitman

So... you can only bring a clear plastic bag of snacks to the women's march. We will eat a good breakfast, but I assume then we will want to eat afterwards, I understand we will probably just be going for somewhere not mobbed by crowds, but ideas on a good place for snack/drink, that might be overlooked?  We would head back to Virginia, but it might take us a while, so I expect we will be hungry.

19 hours ago, ktmoomau said:

So... you can only bring a clear plastic bag of snacks to the women's march. We will eat a good breakfast, but I assume then we will want to eat afterwards, I understand we will probably just be going for somewhere not mobbed by crowds, but ideas on a good place for snack/drink, that might be overlooked?  We would head back to Virginia, but it might take us a while, so I expect we will be hungry.

Dino's in shaw has some promotions going on that support the cause:

http://dinoinshaw.com/event/inauguration-day-womens-march/

I visit rarely but always watch his offers because he does good marketing on twitter with lots of details on the promotions and usually they are bundled so they look like a good offering.  Also not food but Wooly Mammoth Theater 641 D St NW is open for bathrooms and heat and they are within walking distance of the mall.

Also Kabob Palace is always a good option once you have metroed back to pickup the cars in crystal city.  My wife and I always get the weekend beef curry to go and eat it over a few days.

http://kabobpalaceusa.com/

Some community organizations will be open to support people this weekend. 

Woolly Mammoth (as noted above and per Facebook): For those who are planning to attend the Women's March on Washington on January 21:  Woolly Mammoth is going to open its doors that day from 8:30 am until 4 pm to serve as a meeting place, organizing space, and rest stop for the general public. Our theater is only a 15-minute walk or so from the March, so we hope to be a convenient gathering spot for the community. We'll have cheap hot drinks and snacks for those who need them and a welcoming, wide open lobby to share with whoever needs it.

National Museum of Women in the Arts:  Free community weekend on Saturday and Sunday. They will be closed on Friday due to being inside the security perimeter.

Church of the Reformation (E. Capitol Street on Capitol Hill): Inauguration Day Prayer Service and Women's March Breakfast and Prayer Service

Transformer Art Gallery (14th and P NW) Saturday, January 21, 9am-11:30am  Stop by Transformer on the morning of the  Women's March on Washington  for coffee, courtesy of Slipstream DC, and free artist-made multi-lingual posters made by Miami artists in collaboration with EXILE Books.
Transformer will serve as a local resource for attendees, open all day as a safe space to get off the mall and stay warm.

Please post others.

Thanks for those resources!  It is likely going to be a long day of standing, especially for my Mom.  I am glad places are doing this.  Dino's Grotto is always a favorite.  I haven't been there as much since they moved to Shaw as the location just isn't quite as easy for us, so that is a good idea.

Mom might be exhausted, so we might just be figuring out the best way back to Ballston and then keep it local.