Meridian Pint, American Beers and Whiskeys - Closed in Columbia Heights, Open in Arlington May 23, 2019

My boyfriend and I had dinner and beers there last night. The staff were super-friendly, beer selection was great, and the shuffleboard table downstairs was a lot of fun. The food was better than your average bar food, but not as good or creative as Commonwealth. The fries were awesome, but the beer-battered onion rings and catfish were both rather soggy. The overall vibe was a little older and more mellow than the Wonderland, although we also left by 9 so maybe it gets rowdier later. We'll be back for sure!!

Meridian Pint is a haven for craft beer and the food is tasty too. I've eaten both inside the restaurant and on their lovely patio. If available, go for the patio obviously. The taps rotate frequently and always offer new surprises. As for food, carnivores and vegetarians unite-there is surely something for everyone here with all options clearly marked. I've had the pulled pork-very tender and tasty-and the lamb shish kabob sandwich-pita was fresh, lamb was tender, plenty of tzatziki and feta too. I've been meaning to return for brunch so hopefully that will be soon.

Huh, the post bringing this to the top made me notice that David's name is still listed as chef here. He is long gone, replaced by his sous chef Francisco, um, what is his last name, Ah, here we go, Francisco Ferrufino.

I love the beer and the staff. The food has always been fine but not amazing, IMO. And yes, I eat here a lot because I live really close and it is really convenient.

4 hours ago, ktmoomau said:

This is going to be an interesting location... 

I have found that once you are working somewhere all the press and publicity and image becomes far less significant to the staff and the ownership.  Its a restaurant/a bar/ a place that serves locals and less so folks from a bit further away.  The space is half the size.  I imagine it will be far less than 1/2 the rent.  It will require a lot fewer staff to make it work.  It will be significantly less expensive in every way possible. 

They can serve the same beer lineup and other drinks and serve similar or the same food.  If the quality is there it will work in that neighborhood.  If the quality is far better than other places "nearby" they will draw from a larger area of people.   They will not suffer the problem of the latest newest alternative opening every single week and diluting your regular customer base.  Good luck to them.

• Like 2

We were at the bar last night one last time. This will really cramp our style. Where to go now that is walkable, with decent food, good beer, and Nats on tv? I don't know. And oh how we shall miss our bartenders.