Naked Pizza, a New Orleans Chain - Four Suburban Locations Part of Ongoing Worldwide Expansion

Arlington Now just posted the following:

"Fast-growing all-natural pizza chain Naked Pizza is coming to Pentagon Row. A Naked Pizza restaurant will be replacing Pizza Milano, in a storefront that faces the Harris Teeter parking lot on the northern end of Pentagon Row. Pizza Milano, which used to offer free delivery, is now closed.

New Orleans-based Naked Pizza is noted for its devotion to making positive social change — it claims to be "part of the solution to the global epidemic of obesity and chronic disease" by making fast food "healthful instead of harmful" — as well as its health-minded pizza.

Some of the "favorite" pizza recipes on the menu at Naked include the Ragin' Cajun (sausage, chicken, garlic bell pepper onion), the Superbiotic (artichoke, spinach, bell pepper, mushroom, garlic, red onion, cliantro), the Pima (black beans, jalapeno, cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, cilantro and lime) and the Smokehouse (hickory-smoked BBQ sauce, onion, chicken).

No word yet on when the restaurant plans to open."

Because you can never have enough Pizza options in Arlington.

TSchaad

Some of the “favorite” pizza recipes on the menu at Naked include the Ragin’ Cajun (sausage, chicken, garlic bell pepper onion), the Superbiotic (artichoke, spinach, bell pepper, mushroom, garlic, red onion, cliantro), the Pima (black beans, jalapeno, cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, cilantro and lime) and the Smokehouse (hickory-smoked BBQ sauce, onion, chicken).

Boy, those sound positively awful.

The concept is great but the Pizza is only OK. At least that is my view on it from eating at the New Orleans store last year.

I also saw a storefront sign for one coming soon in Reston, in the Home Depot shopping center at Reston Parkway and Baron Cameron. I hope they have some simpler pies than those specialties noted above. I, too, thought they sounded like pretty awful combos, for the most part.

I also saw a storefront sign for one coming soon in Reston, in the Home Depot shopping center at Reston Parkway and Baron Cameron. I hope they have some simpler pies than those specialties noted above. I, too, thought they sounded like pretty awful combos, for the most part.

A menu is available on their site.

They join the list of half-ass pizza joints that deliver to us (in McLean), such as Lost Dog, Listrani's, Red Tomato, Papa John's, Domino's, Pizza Hut, and McLean Pizza Restaurant. My wife and I agreed that the best pizza within a short drive (i.e., <5 minutes) from our house is Pulcinella, and they're just okay. The result is that we end up ordering from Pizza Hut or Papa John's because while they're not good, they're at least cheap.

I agree with Pulcinella. I think it's a terrific pie, especially so as the grizzled vet is again cranking them out full time at a feverish and delicious pace (Senor Panches). I been eating P's pizzas for years and remain contented. I second Papa Johns as the best bet for a delivered pie.

Naked Pizza McLean location was hobbled by planning idiocies. An inhouse genius overlooked Fairfax code requiring a bathroom inside the store vs. running around outside to the back. McLean ain't Trenton NJ. Now that the stamp sized room is open for take out, the feedback i have heard is unfavorable from several guinnea pigs. But, hey, its gotta be better than Rocco.

Gave up on Listranis, Lost Dog & Red Tomato. Waste of money and calories - salting would please reindeer more than humans.

Soon to coming to Virginia Square, per ARLnow.com. I think that was where Jackson's Roasting and Carving used to be (at least it sports the same address). Tough location. The storefront is sunken down below street level so it is not easy to spot. I always suspected that was what doomed Jackson's, which served fresh roasted meats on better than average sandwiches. Maybe the delivery aspect will allow this place to survive where others have failed (as ARLnow.com points out, Daily Grind also failed to take root in this space). It is a dense area with plenty of apartment buildings nearby. Of course, that strategy will only work if the pizzas are any good. This space has been empty for well-nigh two and a half years now, so I think that is some evidence that the market considers this a risky location.

From the name of this place, I thought it was one of those places where you take out a raw pie to bake at home - a concept I never really understood - and from the descriptions and the reviews it sounds like I'm not any more likely to try it out now that I know they cook the pie for me. Has anyone had a positive experience they'd like to share?

Tried the one at Pentagon City yesterday, and I thought it was fine. Got a $16, 8 slice, 12" Ragin' Cajun, my toddler enjoyed it. I do think they use quality ingredients, but just standard equipment/ovens and standard employees. The Ancestral crust (really?) is a grain crust and is a step up from the usual cardboard. I think it's a decent concept actually for a spontaneous family meal, but this is coming from someone who despises factory pizza. They also carry Boylan sodas. I would pick it over Subway, McDonalds, Baja Fresh, every salad chain there is, but not over Pete's Apizza, District of Pi (at least what I had on the food truck), Hill Country BBQ, or the Greek Deli. On the same tier as Pret a Manager, IMO. Hey, we can't always dine on duck confit and lentils.

Little man decided that this is his favorite pizza delivery place now. They have a gluten-free option and it's decent. I just wished they offered some coupons....

When the Bethesda store was in operation, they had pretty good coupons all the time.  You've probably done this, but try their mailing list?