Saturday Brunch or Breakfast

MBK

I've got a friend visiting from out of town, and we're going to brunch or breakfast this Saturday. Most of my go-to brunch spots are Sunday-only. Any suggestions for a Saturday spot? In the district is preferred, but we could certainly metro to the burbs if need be. Thanks!!

My suggestions... all have Saturday brunch

The Hamilton does breakfast and brunch.

Agora- all you can eat and drink for $35.

Masa 14 - ditto

El Centro DF - ditto

Beacon Bar & Grill - Saturday brunch, with a less extensive menu than Sunday but also cheaper.

M Street Bar & Grill - pretty good food, decent ambiance. They used to have Saturday brunch, but not sure if they still do.

Kramer Books & Cafe - breakfast and brunch

I know these may not all be the best meal you've ever had, but they're all tried and true brunch options on Saturday.

The website says Palena Cafe's brunch is on Saturday, but I would call to make sure.

It is on Saturday and Sunday but maybe not as sure a thing these days as dinner. Birch & Barley is also a good option. And, Black Market Bistro in Garrett Park is a very nice venue with a Saturday lunch option (no brkfst items though).

I've got a friend visiting from out of town, and we're going to brunch or breakfast this Saturday. Most of my go-to brunch spots are Sunday-only. Any suggestions for a Saturday spot? In the district is preferred, but we could certainly metro to the burbs if need be. Thanks!!

We will be at the Blue Duck Tavern for brunch this Saturday.

It is on Saturday and Sunday but maybe not as sure a thing these days as dinner. Birch & Barley is also a good option. And, Black Market Bistro in Garrett Park is a very nice venue with a Saturday lunch option (no brkfst items though).

I think Birch and Barley brunch is Sunday only, albeit all day.

How crowded is Bistrot Du Coin on Saturday around noon?

Trying to find a brunch/lunch spot near Dupont for 12 ish. Taking the little guy to see a show at the DC Improv and then we want a leisurely dining opportunity.

I suggested Firefly but Mr. BLB hasn't been happy there since John Wabeck left.

Thanks!

How crowded is Bistrot Du Coin on Saturday around noon?

Trying to find a brunch/lunch spot near Dupont for 12 ish. Taking the little guy to see a show at the DC Improv and then we want a leisurely dining opportunity.

I suggested Firefly but Mr. BLB hasn't been happy there since John Wabeck left.

Thanks!

Funny you ask this. I had need of a Saturday brunch place last Saturday with some friends and referred to this thread. Chose Bistro du Coin. It was solidly meh in every way. We got there at opening at 11. As best I can recall, by noon there were a few tables remaining but not many. Were it me, I'd go to one of the spots others suggested upthread.

A few weeks ago a friend and I were deciding were to go for brunch on a saturday. She was having her car repaired in Tenleytown so we ended up at Cafe Ole. http://www.cafeoledc.com/

I didn't know anything about it (other than it wasn't insanely expensive, a nice suprise for this grad student). We ended up very happy with this choice.

We shared the - Tramezzini ($9)- a pita with scrambled eggs and your choice of meat, smoked salmon or roasted vegges and French toast ($9). The sandwich was very hot with a lot of vegetables and cheese and a nicely toasted pita. The french toast was a thick cut of multigrain bread. The walnut sauce tasted like sundae topping but the strawberry was nice.

The coffee was good and strong but it should be noted it does not include refills.

I don't think this is a destination location for brunch in the city, but if I am meeting people in that part of town I will absolutely suggest it. It was very tasty and service was fast. I think its a place for people in the neighborhood to grab a quick bite, many who were in and out while we caught up. but the place was never packed and we were not rushed at all.