Le Kon, Chef Katsuji Tanabe's Mexican Fusion in the Former Park Lane Tavern Space, West Clarendon - Closed

A restaurant that has not yet opened, yet has a single 5-star rating is opening next to the controversial Asiatique. (cajun smelling seafood sushi anyone?) 

Le Kon website

I am oddly transfixed at this particular location for some reason. Maybe its the really bad driving that happens near the store fronts.

Shall we place bets on length of tenure, or does somebody have to dine there first?

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 11:19 AM, NolaCaine said:

The controversial Asiatique. (cajun smelling seafood anyone?)

I have been informed that Asiatique has no ABC license yet, at least as of today, from a reliable source who was actually there.  Not a good sign.

Peeps: The con closed before we could test it.

Can I make fun of la finca or am I being too trite recently?

Le Kon's sign was blocked by the overhang. The professional exterior was marred by stupid sticker letters announcing "tacos" or some such nonsense. And ARL messed with the location just as they opened. 

Anybody have anything positive to share?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DonRocks said:

This article doesn't make it clear if there's a new ownership, or if it's just a redo.

1 hour ago, NolaCaine said:

It opened in August of 2018. A redo in less than a year? Why?

It might have additional/new owners.  Overall it wasn't doing great.  Hence the change.  (I know a little about it from grad(s) that were hired though never made it over there)

On 3/12/2019 at 3:19 PM, NolaCaine said:

It opened in August of 2018. A redo in less than a year? Why?

On 3/12/2019 at 9:53 PM, Josh Radigan said:

Horrible location. Just impossible to get to and bad street view. Sports bar might make it......doubt it.

....and the gosspy dirt from ex employees:

It lost money every month.   The investor shut it down and will redo it into something else.    On the location "thing"...I agree with Josh