Woodward Table to be replaced by...

31 minutes ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

Kind of a shame. Like going to see a major league baseball game, and instead, seeing the Orioles.

Low blow, but accurate and especially accurate if you wish to watch home run derby performed by the other team. 

3 hours ago, NolaCaine said:

you and me both. Terrible change. They should call it the "whateveryouwant factory." 

The food is not horrible but I don't need to buy five meals at once. The waste has to be massive. Where will tourists keep all the leftovers?

On 8/13/2019 at 7:11 AM, Rieux said:

I loved WTF and it will be missed. I will admit that I love the Chinese Chicken Salad from Cheesecake Factory (and only this). I could see myself getting it for lunch here. 

Posted this in the Cheesecake Factory thread but cross posting here. It’s all true and my love of the Chinese chicken salad is vindicated. https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2019-08-20/cheesecake-factory-restaurant-review-lucas-peterson

On 8/12/2019 at 2:02 PM, curiouskitkatt said:

My favorite from the comments, 

"All those White House tourists will descend upon it like locusts. It'll print money."

This is a fact. 

Update on the opening of Cheesecake Factory, popville.com

There are very polarizing opinions in the comments section.  I admit CF does not fall in my wheel house of choices to have a meal while in DC, but for some it is. The backlash it is receiving I think is comical. 

On 8/13/2019 at 4:41 PM, Bob Wells said:

The food is not horrible but I don't need to buy five meals at once. The waste has to be massive. Where will tourists keep all the leftovers?

I just added a few comments about the waste potential to the Popville comment thread. That's what pisses me off. The food at CF is perfectly average.

25 minutes ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

Average? That's actually a compliment.

LOL not from me it ain't. To me it means ordinary, inoffensive, won't give you the trots.... I think other chains are far worse -- Olive Garden for one. I remember my first visit to an OG many years ago. I ordered my standby linguini with white clam sauce (I grew up in RI). What I got resembled library paste. I chalked it up to a bad kitchen. Next visit to a different OG, again ordered linguini with white clam sauce. Got the exact same dish of overcooked, gluey mush. "Ok, so that's how it is at the OG, huh? Got it."

• Like 2