Date Night

Al Dente

All too seldom, Mrs. Dente and I head over to Bistro D'Oc for dinner followed by an indie flick at E Street Cinemas. It seems like such a natural combination for an enjoyable night out.

Here are some others I've found worthwhile:

Oysters at Old Ebbitt followed by a walk down to the Ellipse for the Christmas lights.

Cassoulet at Le Refuge on a snowy night followed by too many Irish Coffees at Murphy's.

Tarte Tartin at Bistro Lepic and ta-tas at Good Guys. :o

Do you and yours have any favorites? Or do you recall a memorable night out that included a nearby destination of some sort?

[apologies if this has been covered before, but I don't recall it]

Ahem. What a fascinating topic. Being able to eat well DOWNTOWN and go to a really interesting flick? Does anyone recall that the building which housed the Key Theater is now where the "new" Old Ebbitt Grill is? Except, of course, the E Street Theater which shows all the Not-Blockbuster movies? Not to mention the stroll to the Sculpture Garden Ice Rink very late a night on a Saturday?

Seriously, there's some real action going on in places that were dead-to-the-world not very long ago. This is a good thing.

Sh-h-h-h-h. Don't tell anyone. Except the mobs of people skating at midnight at the Sculpture Garden. What do THEY know?

If you want a fun casual first date spot go to saki in adams morgan. Eat sushi at the low bar around 9ish and stay through for dancing... after that it's up to you :-) One of my favorite first dates (and we're still together!) I will mention this was 2 years ago but I assmue it's still the same .

Dino & Uptown.

Georgetown stroll & dinner outside at Citronelle lounge.

Cheap daytime date- the zoo and slices at Vace.

Picnic under the full-bloom Cherry Blossoms at the tidal basin, followed by a stroll around the monuments (this works day or evening).

Dancing at Madam's Organ followed by Diner cheesesteaks.

All too seldom, Mrs. Dente and I head over to Bistro D'Oc for dinner followed by an indie flick at E Street Cinemas. It seems like such a natural combination for an enjoyable night out.

Here are some others I've found worthwhile:

Oysters at Old Ebbitt followed by a walk down to the Ellipse for the Christmas lights.

Cassoulet at Le Refuge on a snowy night followed by too many Irish Coffees at Murphy's.

Tarte Tartin at Bistro Lepic and ta-tas at Good Guys. :o

Do you and yours have any favorites? Or do you recall a memorable night out that included a nearby destination of some sort?

[apologies if this has been covered before, but I don't recall it]

For any occasion, I really like the thought of Central (bar)/E Street theater. Or Firefly/Tabard. Shitty Wizards game/Poste(or Proof one of these days). Also, if you drive, it's a good idea to have a roadie in hand, use valet and seat warmers.

I prefer movie then dinner to dinner then movie. Have had a wonderful evening in Georgetown, beginning with (bad) movie, then dinner at Piccolo, followed by wine at Finomundo (since closed, I believe). Also Mie N Yu has a great ambiance if you go on a weeknight when it's not as crowded, and get good drinks and apps.

Or wine tasting at Vidalia? A stroll along the White House/ OEB at sunset, for great photos, on the way to dinner on Penn?

What about a champagne picnic on the steps of the Lincoln? Just for DC kicks. Like Wedding Crashers, except not really :o

Just don't let DCPD's secret "Rita Jenrette" squad nab you :o
And who can forget that famous late-night date of Fanne Foxe and Wilbur Mills? Drinks and dancing at the Silver Slipper, followed by a 2 a.m. romp in the Tidal Basin. If only those darned Park Police would leave people alone to have some fun. :lol:

And to bring this back on topic, one of my favorite dates is a pre-theater dinner at Marcel's, followed by National Symphony at the Kennedy Center. And at the other end of the spectrum, mini-burgers at Matchbox, followed by a Caps game.

monday night - a rather under utilized date night - cocktails and a cigar at the downstairs bar at ozio's with the lovely and graceful nicole as your bartender. presuming cocktails go well, and that both you and your date have rhythm, salsa at luck bar. should one be in the mood to dance to something besides salsa, hop the 42 bus to adams morgan and dance at madam's organ. one night stand (the name of the band not necessarily your intentions) is one of my favorite old funk, soul cover bands. odd that places that are completely unattractive on saturday can be so much fun on monday.

wednesday night dinner at cashion's with the wednesday wine crew (a loose band of sordid characters that routinely dine at the bar on wednesday nights with bottles from personal cellars; glasses passed to and fro - here try this). meander around the corner to bossa to hear the mojica project - latin jazz with the baddest percussionist you have never heard of. i watched this guy play salt and pepper shakers once. another of my favorite cashion's combinations involves pool and pints at bedrock.

any night there is a good show at the kennedy center, i enjoy the bar at marcel's. nothing beats the shiny town car to ferry you to and from the theatre.

dinner at mendocino grill and the short stroll to blues alley.

in the spring fever category:

carry out from dean and deluca and a picnic on the wolf trap lawn.

colorado kitchen and a show at carter barron.