Go-Nats!

Heather

I'll bring some wine.

Oh, do we need a date? Argh. Thursday? Enrique Gonzalez and Jerome Williams will be on the Maund.

I'm thinking a little later in the month, when the weather warms up. Would more folks like a weeknight, or a weekend game?

I'm thinking a little later in the month, when the weather warms up. Would more folks like a weeknight, or a weekend game?
On the weekends, games probably start at 1, but during the week with a 7pm start we could do a tailgate that starts at 5. Based on that, during the week sounds better.

Tailgate with cheap seats sounds like a plan. Just for kicks, I will throw out Friday night April 27th we are playing the Mets.

Ruh-roh. Thursday April 19th. 1:05PM v. Philadelphia Phillies. Serious hooky. Brunch tailgate. Happy hour afterward. Hmmm....

Oh and Heather--yeah, temps in the 30s forecast Thursday night. You're right. No good.

I have shivered through many an April night game. Not even a beer an inning helps. :blink:

Brunch tailgate? Yeah, baby.

Hey, two's a crowd, right? Unless Proposal Hell strikes me down or I head off to Kentucky that weekend, that 19th date sounds scrumdiddly-umptious. And we'll in all (i.e., 99.999999999%) certainty be able to walk up and buy tickets on the day.

Ruh-roh. Thursday April 19th. 1:05PM v. Philadelphia Phillies. Serious hooky. Brunch tailgate. Happy hour afterward. Hmmm....

Oh and Heather--yeah, temps in the 30s forecast Thursday night. You're right. No good.

I'm in, for whatever day, but that game sounds great. The Phillies are my team. Most of the Nats games I've been to the past 2 years have been Phillies games. I'll see if my husband wants to play hooky from work.

However, almost no games will sell out, so if you don't mind cheap seats, you can buy on day-of-game and then, no matter how many people, you can sit together. Just draw straws or ask the person who brings the chili wine to go get all the tickets.

Oh, and I'm still up for doing the 19th (in addition) if people want.

However, almost no games will sell out, so if you don't mind cheap seats, you can buy on day-of-game and then, no matter how many people, you can sit together.
Let's just get tickets the day of the game so that we can sit near each other. Tailgating on a weeknight is probably out of the question, though. Be forewarned, I usually bring a walkman so that I can listen to the game on the radio while watching (yes, I'm a big geek. I also keep score. :blink: ) , so my conversation will be limited to between innings.

Please post here or send me a PM if you'd like to join us.

However, almost no games will sell out, so if you don't mind cheap seats, you can buy on day-of-game and then, no matter how many people, you can sit together. Just draw straws or ask the person who brings the chili wine to go get all the tickets.

Oh, and I'm still up for doing the 19th (in addition) if people want.

Sigh...In-laws visiting and a husband who would never forgive me if BLBaby's first game was without him.

(Our wedding recessional music was "Take Me Out to the Ballgame.". We're pretty geeky about bb too.)

Jennifer

I'd like to listen to the radio, too, but everytime I listen to a game (as I did today) I am reminded of how very much I loath and detest Peter Angelos for firing Jon Miller. I learned to both love baseball and to listen to the games on the radio because of that man.

Hey! I know what: Let's get the Nats to hire Miller away from the SF Giants!

How would we coordinate several different cars/metro riders meeting up for a tailgate?
cell phones? I live near the stadium, so I can bring anything last minute anyone may need. (I guess that's anything I can carry in a backpack, since I wouldn't be driving.)

Hmm. Last time I went to RFK we got there soon after the lots opened and parked in the lot that's the straight-on lot from the entrance from I-395N. Don't remember which lot that is, though. Seemed like a good spot.
I think that's lot 8, but I can't swear to it.

Sadly, I am out for the day game this Thursday. 5/11 is still on.
I'm afraid I may not make it either. I have work that's way overdue to be done, and either that or the book club meeting is going to have to go. Since the book club is first (and indoors!) and I'm nearly done with the book, it will be the game that I skip, unless I make great progress and am finished with this by Thursday.

Washington Nationals, RFK Stadium 5/11, 7:05 PM:

Heather

crackers

jparrott

Barbara (+1?)

hm212

DanielK

Pat

rkduggins

Please post or PM me if you'd like to join us. We'll try to organize tailgating plans a little closer to the game.

Thought I'd give this a bump...Who's still in? Here's the list right now:

Washington Nationals, RFK Stadium 5/11, 7:05 PM:

Heather

crackers

jparrott

Barbara (+1?)

hm212

DanielK

Pat

rkduggins

Anyone else?

Sadly, I am going to have to bail out of this event. We got a call from Emma's school yesterday (nice advance notice, huh? :blink: ) about an art show at her school at 6:30pm tomorrow. They are displaying three of her pieces from art class and she will be crushed if we don't go see them.

So have a good time everyone, and I'll definitely suggest another outing to the ballpark later in the summer.

Weather permitting (i.e. absent any expected rain delay) we have a bunch of people planning to tailgate in Lot 8 before tomorrow evening's game, and then sit en masse somewhere tbd. If the weather still looks iffy, we will make the decision before we head to the stadium, otherwise, 80 degrees and a breeze on a Friday evening sounds great for a baseball game. It's certainly not too late to join us. Post or send a PM if you can tailgate or come just for the game.

crackers - beer, chips and dips, papergoods, brownies

DanielK - cheese and cheese delivery product

rkduggins- sandwich fixins, side salad/slaw, chocolate chip pecan cookies

hm212 - something fruitish

Pat - beer, pasta salad, deviled eggs

Jacques Gastreaux + 1 - tbd

Meaghan - tbd

It was a great night for a ball game! Thanks to Heather, who came up with this idea! Perfect baseball weather - warm, dry with a nice breeze blowing across the cheap ($5) seats in the outfield. We watched the Nat's Shawn Hill pitch a genuine no-hitter through the first five innings, and the Nats went on to shut out Florida 6-0 with 15 hits. Way to win Nats!

I managed to snag a prime tailgate parking space. Nine of us shared some very tasty food - including Pat's chicken legs, mac salad and deviled eggs, Jacques spicy wings from Bombay Curry Co., DanielK's cheese assortment from Cowgirl Creamery (that blue? whoa! - no wonder you didn't want to bring it home on the Metro - my van is faily fragrant right now), and hm212's exotic fruits. I brought some Dogfish Head and other iced down brewskis. I believe a couple of cigars were smoked, and there was a hot-dog or five consumed in the park too. Jacques also got to practice his peanut tossing.

We need to do this again so Heather, Jake and rkduggins can join us.