Pre-Theater Dining near Shakespeare TheatRE <----

FunnyJohn

Anyone know if there are any places around the Shakespeare Theater that offer a pre-play dining package similar to what Circle Bistro or Marcel's offer for those attending Kennedy Center events?

[Don or someone who can do it: Could you fix the spelling in the title by adding an e to the Bard's name. I'm an English major and this is embarrassing ;) ]

[Don or someone who can do it: Could you fix the spelling in the title by adding an e to the Bard's name. I'm an English major and this is embarrassing ;) ]

Now it's been changed a little too much: the Folger is not the same as the Shakespeare Theater and they're not in the same part of town.

Do you need transportation (like Marcel's offers) or just a good deal on food?

Now it's been changed a little too much: the Folger is not the same as the Shakespeare Theater and they're not in the same part of town.

Do you need transportation (like Marcel's offers) or just a good deal on food?

Thanks. I did mean the Shakespeare Theater, not/not the Folger. I think my friends on whose behalf I am making this inquiry are just interested in some kind of pre-theater meal and transpo not necessary assuming proximity to the Theater itself.

Thanks. I did mean the Shakespeare Theater, not/not the Folger. I think my friends on whose behalf I am making this inquiry are just interested in some kind of pre-theater meal and transpo not necessary assuming proximity to the Theater itself.
Well, if you insist on the 'e' at the end of Shakespeare, you should insist on 're' at the end of theatre. It's how the Shakespeare Theatre officially spells it. The current production of Hamlet is definitely worth seeing (I was there Sunday).

The current production of Hamlet is definitely worth seeing (I was there Sunday).
To each his own.

The options in that part of town are so much better than when the Landsburgh first opened but there are still pitfalls (Rosa Mexicano, anyone?). We'd confidently recommend the pretheater menus at Cafe Atlantico and Rasika.

Bistro D'oc is a few blocks away on 10th Street. They offer a pre- and post-theatre menu.
I recently enjoyed a Saturday night pre-theatre meal at Bistro d'Oc, though many of the items on the menu were a little heavy and large for my tastes. I can't eat a steak and then sit through 2 hours of anything unless it involves "resting my eyes"......

That said, I am on the lookout for a a pre-Hamlet meal that is on the lighter side of things. Rasika perhaps? How is that place that replaced Andale?

We don't usually venture into the District for dinner (being generally lazy on weeknights and out of town on most weekends), but we have theater tickets at the Lansburgh on a Friday night. There are so many new places in that area since our last visit, that I just can't make up my mind, so please offer your insights if you will.

We've been to Jaleo and Atlantico (although both were many years ago). We're not mulit-course people by nature. We might split an appetizer or dessert, but not have one each, so most pre-theater dinners our too much. We like just about all kinds of food, but I'm not a big fish person. We light a less formal atmosphere (we want fun, not stuffy). We like a nice glass (or bottle) of wine, but we're not aficionados. Neither of us are fond of french food, at least the french food we've experienced so far. My husband hates heavy sauces and eats no sauces w/ cream. Maybe Jaleo for a bunch of small plates and glasses of sangria is what we should do, but I'm inclined to try something new. Thanks in advance for any advice!