Thursday Post-Graduation Lunch in June, Walkable from DAR Constitution Hall

DCA

We'd like to go out to lunch after a graduation ceremony at DAR Constitution Hall on a Thursday in June. Is there anything you'd recommend that is within walking distance? If not, we'll head back to Arlington/Alexandria for something. There will probably be only 5 or 6 of us, so we have no need for special seating/dining room. What would make a nice celebration in the DAR area or near home?

Hmm. From DAR, your best bet is to head north because there isn't much south. North (and northeast) of there, though, you have places like The Oval Room, Founding Farmers DC, Old Ebbitt, Pennsylvania 6, Woodward Table... I think those are all 15-20 minutes walk away.

I'm sure more people here will know more. Do you have any preferences for cuisine? Any dietary needs?

That's a difficult immediate area, unless you like tourists and the occasional so-so food truck.

There's also a lot of construction between 17th and 18th on F and G Sts. Matt is right, the best option within walking distance is Old Ebbitt Grill, which also affords you a walk-by of the White House.

If I was in your shoes, I would go back to Virginia. 

I would consider Uber - you don't need to go all the way into Virginia.

Founding Farmers is perfectly fine.

The Bayou is good, but it might be a little downscale for a post-graduation lunch (DCA, you could peak inside beforehand *during lunch* and look - I suspect the lunch crowd is more upscale than the dinner crowd here).