kitkatpaddywak

Please Introduce Yourselves

1,665 posts in this topic

God day, We are family of myself, wife, and two young adult girls.  We love big-city travel and eating well, and great old-world style wines.

Cheers!

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, SteveG said:

God day, We are family of myself, wife, and two young adult girls.  We love big-city travel and eating well, and great old-world style wines.

Cheers!

Welcome, Steve! Are you from the DC area? You've won my heart with your "old-style wines" comment - there's "old style" and "lack of style." :P

1 person likes this

I'm Juste. Currently owning/cooking at Maple Ave Restaurant in Vienna VA. Excited to read through the dining guide after my 10 posts and share some kitchen insight of my own!

Thanks for the outlet.

3 hours ago, Juste said:

I'm Juste. Currently owning/cooking at Maple Ave Restaurant in Vienna VA. Excited to read through the dining guide after my 10 posts and share some kitchen insight of my own!

Thanks for the outlet.

Hi Juste, and welcome! I'll write you and show you how to make a signature file.

Wow. This thread is over 10 years old!

I'm a software engineer and have been in the northern VA area for about 1.5 years now. Spent most of my life in Richmond, VA. I've been coming up here on and off since college.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

Welcome, Yhippa. I'd *love* to have a separate forum for Richmond, but for now, it's a part of our Washington, DC forum - maybe if we get a dozen more Yhippas one day, we can try it. :)

The Dining Guide will really help you in northern Virginia - we all look forward to getting to know you.

Cheers,
Rocks

Hi: i'm Diane and I'm originally from Silver Spring, MD, but for the past 30 years I've lived in New York and Boston, both great foodie towns. I recently moved back to Silver Spring and am up for exploring the restaurant scene in the D.C. area since things have changed a lot since I last lived here in 1986. My husband is the big foodie in my family and he has influenced me greatly over the years. We love going to dinner at new restaurants and exploring international foods.

3 people like this

19 hours ago, bern01919 said:

Hi: i'm Diane and I'm originally from Silver Spring, MD, but for the past 30 years I've lived in New York and Boston, both great foodie towns. I recently moved back to Silver Spring and am up for exploring the restaurant scene in the D.C. area since things have changed a lot since I last lived here in 1986. My husband is the big foodie in my family and he has influenced me greatly over the years. We love going to dinner at new restaurants and exploring international foods.

Hello Diane,

It's wonderful to have you here - how long has it been, 38 years? I'm here, at your service, so please send me a PM anytime either of you need help - go ahead and have your husband get his own account too if you would, or, you could just represent both of you (we just ask that each individual get their own account).

Kind regards, and welcome home!

Don

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Hello Diane,

It's wonderful to have you here - how long has it been, 38 years? I'm here, at your service, so please send me a PM anytime either of you need help - go ahead and have your husband get his own account too if you would, or, you could just represent both of you (we just ask that each individual get their own account).

Kind regards, and welcome home!

Don

Thanks Don! It's actually been 31 years. When we lived in NYC my husband was a huge Chowhound fan. We'll use your site instead as a substitute for D.C. and Maryland. Off to go explore.

Hello All, 

My name is Nathan. I run the Digital marketing for Vigilante coffee. I joined this site to keep up on new shops to try out and potential clients who want to carry great coffee. It's also good to stay aware of our ratings to do "brand management". Aside from the professional side I always enjoy learning about new places to have drinks or eat dinner.

Thanks! 

Locations-Roastery.png

3 hours ago, YumDC said:

Hello All, 

My name is Nathan. I run the Digital marketing for Vigilante coffee. I joined this site to keep up on new shops to try out and potential clients who want to carry great coffee. It's also good to stay aware of our ratings to do "brand management". Aside from the professional side I always enjoy learning about new places to have drinks or eat dinner.

Thanks! 

Locations-Roastery.png

It's a pleasure to have you here, Nathan.

1 person likes this

Looking forward to chatting with you all!  I am a CA native who transported to DC and now into Alexandria with my family.  Always wanting to stay on the "DC pulse" but love the Alexandria scene for family dining.

Hi! I've been living in Brightwood DC for about 6 years but my work takes me to the suburbs often and so I've spent a lot of time trying out restaurants in Langley Park, Annandale, Culmore, Baltimore etc. Fav spot I've found are the lunchrooms for day laborers near Seven Corners, where you can even get a meal plan for a week's food if you want :)

Excited to share and learn about new restaurants with y'all

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, analogcrush said:

Hi! I've been living in Brightwood DC for about 6 years but my work takes me to the suburbs often and so I've spent a lot of time trying out restaurants in Langley Park, Annandale, Culmore, Baltimore etc. Fav spot I've found are the lunchrooms for day laborers near Seven Corners, where you can even get a meal plan for a week's food if you want :)

Excited to share and learn about new restaurants with y'all

Welcome, analogcrush - have you tried a dosa at Woodlands in Langley Park yet?