Don Rockwell Article in the Washington Post

mdt

I have to admit that yesterday I was relieved not to be either of them today :)

Forget buying them drinks, they deserve whole bottles of the libation of their choice.

Registration statistics as of 5:30 PM, November 10th:

November 10th - 2010 162

November 9th - 2010 15

November 8th - 2010 6

November 7th - 2010 10

November 6th - 2010 12

November 5th - 2010 8

November 4th - 2010 10

November 3rd - 2010 2

November 2nd - 2010 2

November 1st - 2010 4

There are well over 100 people in the validation queue right now. goldenticket and Pat are overwhelmed. Everyone, please be patient! :)

I'm still trying to locate the wit in the quote that Zora Margolis is quoted describing as "viciously witty." Vicious, yes; witty, no.

I though that Rockwell quote pointlessly nasty (rather than acerbic) at a junior high school level. It certainly didn't reflect well on either Rockwell or this site, and contributed to the overall negative impression imparted by the article..

I'm still trying to locate the wit in the quote that Zora Margolis is quoted describing as "viciously witty." Vicious, yes; witty, no.

I though that Rockwell quote pointlessly nasty (rather than acerbic) at a junior high school level. It certainly didn't reflect well on either Rockwell or this site, and contributed to the overall negative impression imparted by the article..

Well, then you are going to really dislike his take on Rosa Mexicano.

I think Zora's quote was spot on. If you read the whole Sushi Kappo Kawasoki stinging review, you'd know why I agree! I had to read it several times to wrap my head around it. Then I wanted to poke out my mind's eye. Still do.

I think Zora's quote was spot on. If you read the whole Sushi Kappo Kawasoki stinging review, you'd know why I agree! I had to read it several times to wrap my head around it. Then I wanted to poke out my mind's eye. Still do.

I agree. Without reading the whole thing, a lot of the context is lost. When my husband saw that quote, he was wondering what was so acerbic and brilliant about it. I told him he'd understand if he read the larger piece, so he took my word for it :) .

I think frustration is intertwined with those pointed comments, and deservedly so. Regardless, the forum is pretty damn good especially for a free service!

Rockwell does an excellent job in maintaining an environment where people can discuss food and restaurants with minimum moderation. Just like the restaurants, smaller grocery stores, butcher shops, or farms that are discussed here that are not chain places, you can have a genuine interaction with other people who also love food and talking about it.

And any online place that leads my GF to ask when I'm taking her to a new place, what did those online people say was good here, and when is Dean Gold going to open a Chinese/Korean Pork Restaurant, ain't too shabby.

The two lines she quoted out of context were the only part of the post that weren't too scatalogical to print. I didn't think she would be able to use any of it--she asked me for an example of what I meant by saying that about Don, and it was the first one that came to mind. I asked that it be off the record, but that was ignored.

My only hope was that someone would notice that in my studiously serious-looking photograph, I was drinking a Miller out of a champagne glass. :)

I agree with Owen Thomson and Steve Warner - Miller High Life is the best cheap beer out there! And I only paid $1 for one earlier today at Ragtime...

It sure beats what made the city famous. I get it any time I am back in Wisconsin. My father was overjoyed to find that the beer of his youth had returned, now if it would only return to the east coast.

They serve Schlitz (in cans) at the Red Derby in Columbia Hts.