Best Sandwiches in DC

Toogs

On a quest. Taking suggestions for a trip around DC trying stuff. Here is the tentative list. You will not hurt my feelings insulting this list, but I am more looking for suggestions we have missed.

Wagshal’s – Brisket

Wisemiller’s – Chicken Madness

Eden Center – Banh Mi (song que or banh mi so 1

Lost Dog Cafe - ?

American Seafood Corporation – Blackened Fish

Italian Store – Milano?

Earl’s – The Pearl?

Horace & Dickie’s – Fried Fish

SUNdeVICH – Athens?

Taylor – Island Ave or Church St?

Fast Gourmet – Chivito

Ooo, this is a good idea. On the Italian Store, I would personally quibble with the Milano - I think the Roma is more interesting with the prosciutto base, but it's one of the bigger salt bombs there (!) so it's probably not a sandwich for everyone.

I love A. Litteri's subs and some of the sandwiches from So's Your Mom, but don't feel qualified to name "bests" so maybe someone else can?

Even with Anthony Pilla gone, I'm still a big fan of the sandwiches at Seventh Hill Pizza--especially the veggie or the prosciutto versions.

I'm still most fond of the spicy tuna, but the sandwiches here definitely rate inclusion on a best of list.

i'm finishing the other half of jamie's pastrami and yes, it deserves to be on that list

stachowski's - pastrami

fast gourmet - cubano (i adore culinary traditions but find the chivito repulsive but really, every single one of those ingriedients needs to be on there!?!)

2 amy's - soft shell on sourdough

am wine shoppe - admo (yes iam biased because this is our sister joint)

taylor - ive had the same pork-provolone-raab thing there twice in the last month (t st): 1 was outstanding; the other was atrocious

We ended up doing:

Wagshal’s – Brisket (I had it before but it was even better than I remembered, and the winner overall)

DC Banh Mi combo #1 on par with Song Que in EC

Lost Dog Cafe -Turkey reuben, pretty much as good as a TR can be, and they had The Fear on tap, so winner

American Seafood Corporation – Blackened Grouper, very very good, some people had it number 1 overall

Italian Store – Roma The peppers here are a notch above other places with good Italians. Some of the group have Santucci's Italian cold cut above it, I put them on par. Proscuitto makes it an unfair comparison

Earl’s – Pork and Fries, I didn't care much for this although the pork was good. Group loved it.

Horace & Dickie’s – Fried Fish lol at this being in a sandwich competition but great stuff

Taylor – Chicken cutlet with brie, pesto, arugula Good to great sandwich, would eat again.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions