Need Spicy Food Recommendations

eating out

I second Joe's Noodle House in Rockville. They have a special icon, beyond their star for spicy, that means "numbing".

The chili peppers are for spicy, the star is for "numbing". :)

(it's just one of the many menus I have in my desk) :o

Hello,

I have a friend who is going out to dinner tonight with a group that requested spicy food.  Money is no object. 

I suggested Indique, as the last time I was there the Chicken Vindaloo was fierce. 

I'd love to hear some more ideas.  Thanks!

-Rachel

H-20 at Joe's Noodle House. It's a delicious fish stew in the upper registers of taste. One of my sons suggested a T-shirt: "I Survived H-20 at Joe's!"

I have a friend who is going out to dinner tonight with a group that requested spicy food.  Money is no object. 

I suggested Indique, as the last time I was there the Chicken Vindaloo was fierce. 

I'm pretty sure the hottest dish I've ever had was a Lamb Vindaloo at Haandi in Falls Church.

If it's spice and not necessarily seven-alarm heat you're after, I'd like to suggest Passage To India in Bethesda. Not only is this the best Indian restaurant in the area, it's one of the best restaurants in the area of any type.

Paneers,

Wadiyar of MySore.

I wouldn't recommend the restaurant for tonight's situation, but heat eaters must have a go-round at the Ginger Chicken at Spices. I haven't met anyone who can finish it.

The Ginger Chicken is indeed hot, but its not off the charts. Having several times finished the ginger chicken, I put it as meduim on my hotness scale, about where I put the H-20 fish at Joe's. For real heat, try the Spicy and Tasty Tofu with pork at Joe's and ask for it "Authenticly hot". If Audrey believes you and really lets you have it fully spiced, you will find it can bring on hallucinations. The Dry Fried Schezuan Beef is almost as hot.

The Ginger Chicken is indeed hot, but its not off the charts.  Having several times finished the ginger chicken, I put it as meduim on my hotness scale, about where I put the H-20 fish at Joe's.  For real heat, try the Spicy and Tasty Tofu with pork at Joe's and ask for it "Authenticly hot".  If Audrey believes you and really lets you have it fully spiced, you will find it can bring on hallucinations.  The Dry Fried Schezuan Beef is almost as hot.

Thai Square in Arlington

The Ginger Chicken is indeed hot, but its not off the charts.  Having several times finished the ginger chicken, I put it as meduim on my hotness scale, about where I put the H-20 fish at Joe's.  For real heat, try the Spicy and Tasty Tofu with pork at Joe's and ask for it "Authenticly hot".  If Audrey believes you and really lets you have it fully spiced, you will find it can bring on hallucinations.  The Dry Fried Schezuan Beef is almost as hot.

Thanks for all the replies everyone - they ended up just getting takeout from Heritage India and requesting 'very hot'.

This post got my mouth watering for some Szechuan food - Are there any good Szechuan dishes to be had in the district (chinatown - downtown - dupont - adams morgan )? If not, I guess I'll have to get to Joe's soon!

This may be an odd recommendation, but anything with the Rocket Fuel dressing at Chop't now fits this bill too. Whew! I thought I was drinking Siraicha sauce! Ask for extra dressing if you want it extra spicy.

Hmm do you mean the tex-mex or asian rocket fuel? B/c to me the regular rocket fuel tastes like water!

Hmm do you mean the tex-mex or asian rocket fuel? B/c to me the regular rocket fuel tastes like water!
Neither. The regular Rocket Fuel dressing at the 12th Street location was pretty spicy. And yes, it tastes like water because I was told they are water-based, not oil-based. I guess that's why they're in the SPA category?

Neither. The regular Rocket Fuel dressing at the 12th Street location was pretty spicy. And yes, it tastes like water because I was told they are water-based, not oil-based. I guess that's why they're in the SPA category?
No, I know that! I'm just surprised, b/c the last time I tried it, it really had all the flavor of H2O :D