Nostalgia Desserts

MeMc

Between Eric Ziebold's s'mores and cupcakes, Johnny Monis' honey doughnuts, and various renditions of chocolate pudding for dessert, where else have you had an adult version of a kid's favorite? I don't particularly love desserts but I find that I can't resist these.

Is there a good, creamy lemon meringue pie to be had anywhere? I am craving it something fierce and my mom's next visit isn't for another three weeks.

The lemon meringue from Wegmans is pretty good (and they do a mini version, which is especially good if you like the lots-of-meringue to not-so-much-filling ratio).

Banana coconut cream pie and bread pudding bring back childhood memories? Granted they are both desserts that I enjoy, but not from childhood.

For me it is just a regular old fashioned banana split. Wonder if RTC would do something like that?

I know this sounds like I'm bragging (and I kinda am) but my favorite dessert ever is my Mothers' German Chocolate Cake. When I was little she would cook me whatever I wanted for my birthday and I always asked for that. Now we have a version here at the restaurant and I feel like I'm ten everytime I eat it :)

Susan Wallace is a GREAT pastry chef!!!! And Eve has an outstanding "birthday cake." But the Charcoal Pit in Wilmington, DE (route 202) has the actual hot fudge ice cream cake from Hot Shoppes originally popularized in the mid 1950's. AND, a 1/2 lb. hamburger that may be the best in America.

Too.