What Part of Thanksgiving Are You?

legant

I am the mashed potatoes--

"Ordinary, comforting, and more than a little predictable

You're the glue that holds everyone together."

I think I can live with that! :blink:

Strangely enough, my family doesn't even serve mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving--nor do we serve turkey, nor stuffing, nor green bean casserole, nor cranberry sauce. My late grandmother HATED turkey and wasn't a huge fan of the traditional Thanksgiving offerings, so we serve prime rib, sauteed mushrooms, baked/roasted potatoes, and boiled green beans in her honor. Then we have her famous bundt cake for dessert. It's definitely a different kind of "Turkey Day," but it's special and delicious!

I am the mashed potatoes--

"Ordinary, comforting, and more than a little predictable

You're the glue that holds everyone together."

I think I can live with that! :blink:

I too am ordinary, comfortable & just a bit too predictable "mashed potatoes," but my ass will be running those extra calories off at 8:30 that morning at the SOME Turkey Trot! If you want to help me give a little extra so others might eat that day, click!

Depending on the soda answer, I am either the Stuffing or the Cranberry Sauce

Having reluctantly tasted each of the astoundingly repulsive Jones Thanksgiving flavors last year (how DOES one get even with a brother-in-law, anyway?) I can tell you right now that there shouldn't be much choice about the soda answer: the cranberry is substantially less awful than the others.

I am the stuffing. Goo goo ga joob.