Our Next Superstar Chat, Next Monday, October 7th

DonRocks

Mr. Fieri - any chance you'll be opening a branch of the Times Square spot in Dupont Circle?  I'll hang up and listen.

While our guest is not personally as "famous" as Guy Fieri, the restaurant he's associated with is arguably more well-known.

Before you dismiss that, think for a moment about how much press Mr. Fieri's restaurant has gotten - it's pretty famous!

So, who's it going to be? After all, we *did* just officially "expand" into Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York City, so I have a proven track record of turning my back on Washington, DC.

I think this is a great thing. It is easy to get caught up in foodie altruism and lose sight of the fact that fundamentally we are talking about businesses in which there is a need to at least break even in order to be a sustainable business and over the longer term make money. Think of all of the great places that didn't have a sustainable business model and have since closed.  There is much to be learned from someone who can successfully take a concept from ideation to execution. 

• Like 2

Bear in mind that Don said "the restaurant he's associated with", which would seem to indicate, first, a man, and, second, a man associated with one restaurant, or principally with one. This certainly leaves out Paula Deen, but also other identities that have been suggested above.

I'm working on a borrowed computer this week, so the Wikipedia link to "Ben's Chili Bowl" in the chat links instead to the Wikipedia link to "Ben." I know that sounds impossibly simple to fix, but I don't have javascript enabled, so I can't fix it without messing up the entire post. It will be fixed by next week - sorry!

• Like 1