Pizza Delivery in DC

catharine

This year I have the dubious honor of serving on my office's "sunshine committee." We have monthly office parties for the staff of 45. This month we want to do a pizza party and I refuse to go the Sbarro's route (they're located in our food court in the Reagan Building). I would also like to avoid Domino's and the other national chains.

Please tell me how I can have a decent pie delivered to the office. I've searched and haven't found a thread on this topic.

Thanks!

Try Washington Deli. They specialize in office catering. In my fiancee's (who's from the New York part of New Jersey and knows a thing or two about pizza) opinion, it's the best REAL pizza available in the city.

http://www.washingtondeli.com/

Be warned, you may want to order a few days in advance!

Try the "Fancy White Pizza; Olive Oil, fresh garlic, spinach, feta cheese, mushrooms!"

While I love Alberto's pizza I've had a few really awful experiences with their delivery, the last two times taking more than 90 mins (I was quoted 45 mins each time). Both times I called at about the 75 min. mark and the guy says "You don't have to pay full price, just pay the driver what you think is fair." I got the impression he was pretty used to saying this. The size of your order might make them treat you better though.

I still eat there though, just only when I have time to go pick it up. The thin crust chicago pizza is great, one of my favorite pizzas in the city & I think the best of its kind. I often get them to put honey around the crust of the "chi-town", which works surprisingly welll with the meat.

I have not returned to Alberto's in the 2 years since a rock in their pizza cracked one of my molars.

I use Duccini's at 18th and U (202-483-0005/8484) and have been very pleased.

I flip flop between Duccini's and Alberto's. Alberto's is much, much better, but it's also very expensive, and delivery can take forever.

Try Washington Deli. They specialize in office catering. In my fiancee's (who's from the New York part of New Jersey and knows a thing or two about pizza) opinion, it's the best REAL pizza available in the city.

http://www.washingtondeli.com/

Be warned, you may want to order a few days in advance!

Try the "Fancy White Pizza; Olive Oil, fresh garlic, spinach, feta cheese, mushrooms!"

thanks for the suggestion!

i tried them for lunch and i am a changed woman.

Try Washington Deli

This place is our go-to lunch pizza spot at work. Have found that the slices get the appropriate amount of time in the oven when they aren't super-busy, so we try to get there slightly before the rush, around 11:45. Great stuff, and a slice is $3 even after tax, so you get a nice filling lunch for $6 and you don't have change rattling around in your pocket.