Michelin 2020

36 minutes ago, Marty L. said:

The omission of 2 Amy's in the sense that it merits a *? Don't follow that, and 2 Amy's is one of my favorite restaurants. Bib Gourmand, for sure though.

3 hours ago, Ericandblueboy said:

I don't get Little Serow's omission.  

3 hours ago, Keithstg said:

The omission of 2 Amy's in the sense that it merits a *? Don't follow that, and 2 Amy's is one of my favorite restaurants. Bib Gourmand, for sure though.

3 hours ago, Marty L. said:

Seki, too, might be BG-worthy

All three of these merit a Bib Gourmand.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DonRocks said:

All three of these merit a Bib Gourmand.

i believe we've discussed this in the past, but little serow exceeds the bib gourmand price cap and is therefore ineligible (although i think that it should have a star anyway, and komi more than one).  the omission of 2 amys from the bib gourmand list is ridiculous.  

• Like 3

On 10/2/2019 at 2:10 PM, FranklinDubya said:

Elle should 1000% be Bib Gourmand.  Sfoglina still being on BG seems ridiculous (I'm hard pressed as to how you'd eat there and be full even without wine for under $80 which is well over the BG limit).

I don’t remember what the price limit for bib is, but my husband and I usually split the $66 pasta tasting and actually have food left over ,  and I definitely do not have a dainty appetite.  So, $33 per person.  Maybe that’s what they are basing it on?

Here's what their website says: Since 1997, our Bib Gourmands have been awarded to restaurants offering a good quality menu for a modest price. These establishments have a menu (starter, main and dessert) for a maximum of 33 euros in the provinces and 37 euros in Paris. Quality and price … those are the only criteria in the awarding of our Bib Gourmands.”

^Hmmm when they announced it previously I'd thought they'd said it was either 35-40 dollars per person for dinner and a drink.  Maybe Sfoglina upped their pasta sizes a bit - I enjoyed the place but I remember having to order quite a bit to reach a normal meal's level of fullness in the past.