WTF and Thanks

captcourt

No, not Woodward Table Food...WTF?  I'm off the site for a couple of weeks, and, to quote The Good Place....What The Fork?

Say it ain't so.  Say it's an April Fool's Joke.  Or tell me that the only thing we can talk about here is Fine Arts...

Not sure what is going on either.  Miss you all, as much as I miss fine arts.  I feel like the site when down just when I needed the friendship and support you all provide more than ever.  Anyway, anyone who wants to find me on Insta (and I hate to say facebook, I hate facebook) I am easy to find Katelin Moomau.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

This is wild. Still drop by daily and haven't had much to post...what's going on? If Dr.com is down, what a run. Feel fortunate to have seen it from (almost) the beginning, and still have my membership card!

Actually, I do have some things to post:

1. Wine Consumption has increased exponentially.

2. Field and Main has great takeout options, as well as a very fun blind tasting game on FB live every Thursday night at 7. Takeout encompasses sanwiches, etc and heat & serve mains - all have been uniformly excellent.

3. The Whole Ox continues to serve the community extraordinarily well and efficiently

4. Trying to do takeout 1x/2x week to support restaurants locally. Would do more with DC based restaurants if they had an option to pick up somewhere between Middleburg and DC, but don't know if that makes any fiscal sense (I suspect not)... 

• Like 4

I am sleuthy.  😜   Also, was taking a break from WFH, saw Don's April 1 post, saw that pretty much all of the forums are read-only, and then saw that the Fine Arts thread was still open.  Perhaps I have missed my true calling in life, although I'm not sure that I really want to be a private detective of any sort.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We've basically stuck with our delivery staples - the places we want around post-apocalypse.  All our dine in favorites are closed, more or less, but we have tried to order from our occasional visits (Jaleo, Gringos, etc) to the extent we can.  For the places that are just closed, we're getting gift certificates.  Between full time work and 'teaching' at home, I haven't really felt the urge to go downtown to pick anything up.  

• Like 2

So, it appears that all the threads are now read only except for "WTF" which, apparently, has allowed me to start a new thread 🤯.

At any rate, before this too ceases to allow comments, let me use the opportunity to thank Don for creating & maintaining this board over the years and to thank the rest of you for providing some interesting and entertaining commentary.  I'll miss this forum, even though I remain active on several others & get some kicks that way.

By the way, I think the messenger function is still working as well.

And, just in case Don is only carrying out a lengthy April Fool's joke... well, ya got me. 😡

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Steve R. said:

So, it appears that all the threads are now read only except for "WTF" which, apparently, has allowed me to start a new thread 🤯.

At any rate, before this too ceases to allow comments, let me use the opportunity to thank Don for creating & maintaining this board over the years and to thank the rest of you for providing some interesting and entertaining commentary.  I'll miss this forum, even though I remain active on several others & get some kicks that way.

By the way, I think the messenger function is still working as well.

And, just in case Don is only carrying out a lengthy April Fool's joke... well, ya got me. 😡

You don't know what you got ‘till its gone.

• Like 3

I hope the board too comes back online.  If not, I will really miss interacting with you all online, and hope to find a way to connect with you all.  Especially for the picnics, cooking club and dinners out whether planned in advance or just on a whim.  I have really enjoyed time with all of you.  Please feel free to PM me with your email.  I don't want to publish my personal email, but will send it back to you.  Or you can find me on Instagram or the dreaded fbook. 

For anyone that wants to continue the cooking club, or have a dining out club like Steve from Chow has set up, if you send me your email, I will compile a group email list and send it out for people to use. 

Don, I hope you are alright.

My thoughts and positive vibes are going out to all of you right now during this difficult time.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, ktmoomau said:

I hope the board too comes back online.  If not, I will really miss interacting with you all online, and hope to find a way to connect with you all.  Especially for the picnics, cooking club and dinners out whether planned in advance or just on a whim.  I have really enjoyed time with all of you.  Please feel free to PM me with your email.  I don't want to publish my personal email, but will send it back to you.  Or you can find me on Instagram or the dreaded fbook. 

For anyone that wants to continue the cooking club, or have a dining out club like Steve from Chow has set up, if you send me your email, I will compile a group email list and send it out for people to use. 

Don, I hope you are alright.

My thoughts and positive vibes are going out to all of you right now during this difficult time.

I hope Don is alright as well, and that this community gets up and running again.  Just in case we need a place to regroup, commiserate, plan next steps, etc., I've created a subreddit on reddit.com called DRockwellDCusers.  It's a private group...click on the link and "join" (of course you'll have to join Reddit if you're not already on that, but that's pretty easy) and I'll get a message I think and let you in.  I'm the "moderator" for this though I have no intention of moderating anything, just wanted to create a space where all of us can chat.

Stay healthy,

Dan

• Like 4

On 4/20/2020 at 3:52 PM, Keithstg said:

Actually, I do have some things to post:

1. Wine Consumption has increased exponentially.

4. Trying to do takeout 1x/2x week to support restaurants locally. Would do more with DC based restaurants if they had an option to pick up somewhere between Middleburg and DC, but don't know if that makes any fiscal sense (I suspect not)... 

1 - ditto.
4 - we do what we must to support what we can as much as we can and as often as we can

On 4/20/2020 at 4:25 PM, MarkS said:

My wine consumption is through the roof, cooking daily and takeout 1x week to get a break.  Wild times

Yeah, there is an absolute need to order out at least once a week be it carryout pickup (95% of the time) or delivery)