DonRocks

Bombay Curry Company, Beloved Curry House in Del Ray - Closed

40 minutes ago, goldenticket said:

I'm sorry to pass along sad news just posted on Bombay Curry Company's Facebook page:

"With a heavy heart, we wish to inform you that we are suspending operations at Bombay Curry Company.

This was not an easy decision to make and numerous factors led to this choice: staffing challenges, a need for Balraj to focus on his health, as well as some family matters that have been put on the back burner for quite some time. We were hoping to continue to provide you with your favorite Indian foods by passing over the torch to our Chef, but unfortunately that did not pan out.

You have been wonderful with all of your support and continued patronage. The friendships we have built will last for many years to come and we simply cannot thank you enough for allowing us to be a part of this amazing community.

Retirement is not what it used to be, and we look forward to continuing this journey through different ventures such as cooking classes, special dinners at our home, as well as a few surprises up our sleeves.

We sincerely hope you will stay in touch, contact information provided below. You can also like our Facebook page or join our mailing list by sending us an email.

Namaste,

Nicky & Balraj Bhasin"

They will definitely be missed! I've enjoyed their food from back when they were in the old Calvert Building. Balraj joined us for DR.com picnics back in the day - wishing him and Nicky good health and an enjoyable retirement. Though I'll be looking forward to the surprises they have planned.

I remember meeting the Bhasins at a picnic and having a delightful conversation. I hope the non-restaurant issues are resolved and things turn around.

• Sad 1