If I Was Dining Alone in DC or NoVA, Where Would You Send Me?

lovehockey

If it were me, and I was in the mood I am in tonight, I would sit at the bar at Willow.

On a separate but related note, Chris wrote me recently and swore that Willow's hamburger was the best-kept secret in town.

Okay, now, I don't necessarily trust a dude who rides an Aspencade (the minivan of motorcycles) and who is my probable number-one cause of premature death (via drunken drive-by, if we start arguing about gun control), but he *did* discover The Pit Stop (which, incidentally, was supposed to have been in Italic, but wasn't).

I'm a big fan of dining solo at the bar (but I'm particular about going at a time when it won't be too crowded. I hate having people crowding behind me trying to order drinks when I'm eating at the bar).

I'll second Proof (if there's no Verizon Center event) and add Green Pig, Daikaya Ramen, Graffiato, and Boqueria (if you're going on a weekend -- I think that weeknights there's a happy hour crowd at the bar).

Sorry, Don, for not answering your question earlier! The SO is out of town for a while so I posted the question in order to provide some incentive to get out and be a single diner, which I have no problem doing. He doesn't like seafood, and I like it as long as it's cooked (I'm boring that way). Otherwise, I'm open to pretty much anything.

I appreciate all the answers above! Some of the places I've visited already, but am in the mood to visit again!

I highly second Willow. The people at the bar tend to be a friendly lot and so is Chris, it's a great place to sit at the bar and have some good food while dining alone, but not feeling at all alone! I would also add the bar at Fiola.