Park The Segway Outside

Nadya

To recap what may have been lost in pages above:

Reasonable accommodation is gladly given to guests with disabilities. In my experience, we had guests in wheelchairs, guests with guardian dogs, guests on crutches....Of course those with disability have a right to enjoy dining out, just like everyone else. Of course we make accommodations. Doesn't everyone?

The point of the whole story is that a Segway is a fairly large contraption that is most certainly disruptive in a crowded area. A front lounge of any restaurant on a Friday night of Restaurant Week certainly qualifies as a crowded area. If other guests have to step aside or move or be otherwise inconvenienced, I think it's reasonable for them to expect that the inconvenience comes from a compelling reason (such as disability), not a mere preference. And since there was no indication of disability whatsoever, the impression we got was that of entitlement, not of disability.

Let me repeat that if a guest mentioned to us that he had difficulty moving around by usual means, everyone would have had nothing but understanding for their situation, and this story would never have been written.

And let's not forget about one more thing. In addition to being large, aren't these things, er, rather expensive? What is something goes wrong while they are being stored in a coatroom? Should a restaurant be expected to assume liability for safe-keeping? What if they are kept in the corner and someone stumbles and falls? What if there is a theft?

Do you see what arises when things are stored in places where they are not meant to be stored without a compelling reason?

Edited by Nadya

Sorry to rain on your rant, but I know at least one fellow -- who's about 60, who uses a Segway instead of a wheelchair because he's handicapped.  I have been to restaurants with him and he rides it inside.  It is not a toy for him, but rather the only way he gets around.

If you take the time to read up-thread you'll note this distinction has already been amply made.

To play a little devil's advocate -- any reasonable solution to the problem (assuming of course the Segway still exists in five years) will necessarily require some sort of permitting system like handicap tags on cars.

Without such a system any yahoo who wants to would be able to ride roughshod over any business establishment whether or not the business owner wants the Segway there.

To answer the inevitable -- Yes, I am fully aware that wheelchairs do not have handicapped tags on them. But wheelchairs are not generally used as pleasure vehicles for abled people.

To the abled bodied Segway riders - buy a chain and a lock and keep your mechanized transport outside where it belongs.

Thank you for such a reasonable post on this thread. Let me add that this brings attention to an ever increasing problem in our society -- the lack of consideration, courtesy and good manners. In this case, I am speaking to the actions of the Segway user and not Nadya. Allow me to chime in:

1) Scenario #1: Truly disabled Segway user -- If this is in fact the case, and our mystery diner relies on his Segway due to a disability, he should have still been aware that his device would seem out of place at a restaurant. As such, common sense, courtesy and consideration for others (including the owners, management and staff) would dictate that he at least ask if it were okay to bring in the Segway because of his disability -- and in this case he needs to mention that he's disabled (sorry disabled people). So unless our mystery diner is also mentally disabled there is no excuse for his bad manners and lack of consideration!

2) Scenerio #2: Non-disabled Segway user -- This guy is a taker, a pimp (on wheels), a tool, and immediately requires the following:

http://www.metaphor.dk/guillotine/Media/1792Sky.jpg

That's all!

Edited by Frank Puma

To recap what may have been lost in pages above:

Reasonable accommodation is gladly given to guests with disabilities.  In my experience, we had guests in wheelchairs, guests with guardian dogs, guests on crutches....Of course those with disability have a right to enjoy dining out, just like everyone else.  Of course we make accommodations.  Doesn't everyone?

The point of the whole story is that a Segway is a fairly large contraption that is most certainly disruptive in a crowded area. A front lounge of any restaurant on a Friday night of Restaurant Week certainly qualifies as a crowded area.  If other guests have to step aside or move or be otherwise inconvenienced, I think it's reasonable for them to expect that the inconvenience comes from a compelling reason (such as disability), not a mere preference.  And since there was no indication of disability whatsoever, the impression we got was that of entitlement, not of disability.

Let me repeat that if a guest mentioned to us that he had difficulty moving around by usual means, everyone would have had nothing but understanding for their situation, and this story would never have been written. 

And let's not forget about one more thing. In addition to being large, aren't these things, er, rather expensive? What is something goes wrong while they are being stored in a coatroom? Should a restaurant be expected to assume liability for safe-keeping? What if they are kept in the corner and someone stumbles and falls? What if there is a theft?

Do you see what arises when things are stored in places where they are not meant to be stored without a compelling reason?

Thanks for outlining all these potential problems, Nadya. I hadn't though of them but I'm not in the service biz. Maybe the powers-that-be will see your post and at least start to come up with some sort of policy. I suspect a hanging Handicapped decal is going to be the way to go, just as it is with cars and parking.

BTW, I can also attest to the helpfulness and knowledgeability of DCDOT's Jim Sebastian.

I totally agree with Jacques. It was an extremely well written piece that spoke much more to the humor of a day's experience and less to even considering that a handicapped person could be using a Segway. Two years ago Segway had a booth which they took over at the last minute at a major trade show I exhibited at. We had almost 30 booths, they had four-an "endcap." I cannot tell you what a distraction it was to have eight or ten of these things running around the aisles and coming into our "space" with people trying them out. Also, given the height of the platform off the ground, anyone on a Segway had presence. A great deal of it. But I don't remember at anytime the promotion by Segway that they could or should be used for the handicapped. Rather, then, they were promoted as a means of individual transportation.

But this was two years ago. In the interim, for those who can use them to ease their disability, they seem to have established a real role that may not have been the one they were originally envisioned for.

Since then I have not seen a single person on a Segway anywhere. Disabled or otherwise. While they may be a Godsend to those who are handicapped and have discovered their versatility and usefulness, for others they are still a strange creature and are going to evoke uncertain, perhaps even strange reactions. Especially in crowded areas whether a restaurant or on the floor of a tradeshow with 30,000 people. All I am suggesting is that many people, myself included on first seeing them, may not have the vaguest idea of how to react to them. I think until they gain wider usage there is going to have to be more patience on both sides, especially for those who have to accommodate them and may not have considered that the one standing may be disabled. If I had thought two years ago that the disabled were a primary or even an important market for them I am certain I would have been much more tolerant and understanding myself. Frankly it just never occurred to me that someone standing straight up and moving at a fair speed could be handicapped. Now, learning this is a possibility, I will be much more tolerant.

This is a fascinating thread---just felt the need to chime in. I think that Nadya and the Segway user both were generally reasonable in their actions. The Segway user should have been more polite in the way he conducted himself. I firmly believe that if he did have a disability, he had no obligation to identify that as DC Segway User pointed out. So, to that end, the possibility should have been considered by Nadya. Just as Nadya would never have asked "do you have a disability?", Segway User should not feel compelled to identify his disability.

This does bring up interesting issues such as where to put the Segway a la a wheelchair, which I think is a more comparable vehicle in this case than a bicycle or skateboard.

This does bring up interesting issues such as where to put the Segway a la a wheelchair, which I think is a more comparable vehicle in this case than a bicycle or skateboard.

Don't they usually take one of the chairs away from the table for the wheelchair bound customer? I have never seen one of those scooters in a restaurant. Are you suggesting that restaurants set aside some special space for the temporary storage of devices for the disabled. I can't imagine where a place like Restaurant Eve would put a Segway.

It was an extremely well written piece that spoke much more to the humor of a day's experience and less to even considering that a handicapped person could be using a Segway.

Somewhat off-topic, but I can attest to the professional and ethical manner in which Amy Argetsinger went about making her initial contacts.

(Okay, so her colleagues at Reliable Source may be falling off their chairs laughing right now, but that was my experience, anyway.)

Cheers,
Rocks

P.S. To the mole who tipped her off (and we both know who you are)... I'm billing you for a day's lost wages!

Don't they usually take one of the chairs away from the table for the wheelchair bound customer?  I have never seen one of those scooters in a restaurant.  Are you suggesting that restaurants set aside some special space for the temporary storage of devices for the disabled.  I can't imagine where a place like Restaurant Eve would put a Segway.

Yes, that is where I was going with the point. Another example is strollers. There is usually a lot of creativity that occurs in restaurants with where to put strollers. Some places have more room and/or are more amenable to storage than others. The bottom line is that customers who have special needs will frequent the places that can accomodate them and will not frequent those that cannot.

I suspect a hanging Handicapped decal is going to be the way to go, just as it is with cars and parking.

Wow, what a thread...I have been fascinated to read the way some people's minds work. I have so much to say but so little time at the moment. I did want to address this one comment, however.

Why would we insist that a handicapped person, who is using a Segway so they can stand and have their dignity, have to hang some big blue placard on themselves declaring to the world that they are handicapped? What a horrible suggestion.

I am gay, I better hang a big pink triangle on myself so that everyone knows...oh wait, that was tried once before in history, wasn't it?

Seriously, folks, people who use Segways to get around are just using one more emerging technology to make their lives a little easier. They're not all suddenly going to get fat because of it, they're not all "entitled" bacuse of it, and they're not all suddenly rude because of it. They've just made a choice that you haven't made yet, and potentially never will, and that's just fine.

If a Segway rider wants to ask permission to store his or her device inside when patronizing an establishment, I see nothing wrong with that, and if an establishment wants to say "sorry we don't have room, or can't, or just don't want to," that is fine too. If that's the case, then the patron can inform of a need to have it with them, and the matter becomes different.

Well, that's all for now.

just me

Why would we insist that a handicapped person, who is using a Segway so they can stand and have their dignity, have to hang some big blue placard on themselves declaring to the world that they are handicapped?  What a horrible suggestion.

So you disagree with notion that handicapped placards and license plates should be a prerequisite for using handicapped parking spaces?

Why would we insist that a handicapped person, who is using a Segway so they can stand and have their dignity, have to hang some big blue placard on themselves declaring to the world that they are handicapped?  What a horrible suggestion.

I am gay, I better hang a big pink triangle on myself so that everyone knows...oh wait, that was tried once before in history, wasn't it?

In order to park in a handicapped parking spot, a car must have a blue tag on it just as you describe. Even if the person parking there is truly handicapped, they are going to get a ticket if they park there and don't display the tag.

The Segway is a vehicle. Currently, vehicles used by the handicapped, such as cars, are marked voluntarily by their drivers so they can be stored in particular spaces, such as parking spaces that are closer to the entrances of establishments.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting anything other than the rules that apply to one vehicle being applied to another.

Whipping out Nazi references is hardly ever the path to honest, reasoned, open-minded discourse.

Edited by jm chen

If a Segway rider wants to ask permission to store his or her device inside when patronizing an establishment, I see nothing wrong with that, and if an establishment wants to say "sorry we don't have room, or can't, or just don't want to," that is fine too. 

Your argument leaves out a little something called "The Americans with Disabilities Act." Just as bicyclists cannot bring their bikes into a restaurant and park 'em just anywhere, Segway riders shouldn't be allowed to do that, either. If they use a Seg because they are disabled, then that becomes an entirely different matter. And, if you want to excercise your rights under the ADA, you will have to put up with the process which declares you entitled to special accommodation. Just like what one goes through to get either permanent or temporary handicapped tags on a car. While some people complain about the red-tape, I've never known anyone to feel embarrassed for having the tags--expecially if they really need to avail themselves of the handicapped parking spaces.

I remember this, I thought some entrepreneur had gone into business renting Segway's to tourists.

There was an interesting convergence between all the Segway riders downtown running into that big anti-war protest. A lot of tourists come to town hoping to see somebody protesting something or other as part of the "street scene." They got their money's worth that day. :):oB)

P.S. To the mole who tipped her off (and we both know who you are)... I'm billing you for a day's lost wages!

And I also wish to point out that if not for y'all, then today I would have been doing what god intended - i.e. watching European Figure Skating Championship in my office via Eurosport webchannel and screaming with every popped salchow.

On the other hand, compulsory dance and ladies short program was a snoozefest, so no big loss. Will watch on tape later.

Instead of, you know, hitting "refresh" here every two minutes.

In order to park in a handicapped parking spot, a car must have a blue tag on it just as you describe.  Even if the person parking there is truly handicapped, they are going to get a ticket if they park there and don't display the tag.

Granted. The difference here is the tag is placed on the car and can be done so without "tagging" the individual as somehow different.

A good friend of mine drives a mini, he is handicapped, when he parks he places his placard on the rearview mirror and leaves the car. HE is not labelled with a sticker. When you are on a mobility scooter, you do not have a big blue sticker on you, nor when you are in a wheelchair. You (the board that is) are saying that because a Segway is not "obviously" a handcapped device then the person should have to wear a sign at all times proclaiming their disability!! There is a difference here.

I firmly agree that if a person is disabled and using their Segway for mobility and are told by an establishment that they cannot bring the unit in, that THEN the individual should inform of their need for the device.

You (the board that is) are saying that because a Segway is not "obviously" a handcapped device then the person should have to wear a sign at all times proclaiming their disability!!

I firmly agree that if a person is disabled and using their Segway for mobility and are told by an establishment that they cannot bring the unit in, that THEN the individual should inform of their need for the device.

No, just that if they want accommadation based on their disability that they should have to display a tag on their Segway just as if it were a car.

As I mentioned upthread, I believe there is a big difference between a wheelchair and a Segway. I think the comparison with a car is much more appropriate.

Edit to add -- or at least be prepared to produce a document attesting to their need.

Granted.  The difference here is the tag is placed on the car and can be done so without "tagging" the individual as somehow different. 

A good friend of mine drives a mini, he is handicapped, when he parks he places his placard on the rearview mirror and leaves the car.  HE is not labelled with a sticker.  When you are on a mobility scooter, you do not have a big blue sticker on you, nor when you are in a wheelchair.  You (the board that is) are saying that because a Segway is not "obviously" a handcapped device then the person should have to wear a sign at all times proclaiming their disability!!  There is a difference here. 

I agree with everything you say here. There is a difference between mobility scooters and wheelchairs on the one hand and Segways used by a handicapped person on the other. A peson using a mobility scooter or wheelchair is presumptively handicapped while a person on a Segway is not. And we agree that non-handicapped people using Segways ought to leave them outside unless and until they have the permission of the establishment to bring them inside.

Your argument leaves out a little something called "The Americans with Disabilities Act." Just as bicyclists cannot bring their bikes into a restaurant and park 'em just anywhere, Segway riders shouldn't be allowed to do that, either. If they use a Seg because they are disabled, then that becomes an entirely different matter. And, if you want to excercise your rights under the ADA, you will have to put up with the process which declares you entitled to special accommodation. Just like what one goes through to get either permanent or temporary handicapped tags on a car. While some people complain about the red-tape, I've never known anyone to feel embarrassed for having the tags--expecially if they really need to avail themselves of the handicapped parking spaces.

First of all, there is no global rule that says people cannot bring their bikes into a restaurant and park'em just anywhere. I tihnk that is up to the restaurant. Granted I haven't seen that in this country (I was in several establishments in the Netherlands that allowed people to bring in their bikes). Same would go for a Segway, there are plenty of establishments that allow and even welcome Segways in in Washington, DC.

As far as "exercising your rights under the ADA," the ADA requires "that places of public accommodation may not insist on proof of State certification" that is to say, if I am disabled, I do not have to proove to you that I am disabled in order to receive accommodations I am requesting for my disability. (Parking spaces do not fall into this same classification for the reasons I mentioned previously--you are tagging the VEHICLE devoid of the disabled individual.)

People who want their needs met or at least respected must communicate those needs, even if the law does not oblige them to. (If we did only what the law required, we'd all be in rather a sorry state). In the case of a disabled Segway user, this means opening the pie hole or using a sign, as with cars.

In order to park in a handicapped parking spot, a car must have a blue tag on it just as you describe.  Even if the person parking there is truly handicapped, they are going to get a ticket if they park there and don't display the tag.

I can attest to that. Many years ago I severely broke my leg and was on crutches and in a full cast for two months. I got a temporary handicapped placard so I could park near the metro entrance. My tag expired the day before I received my replacement in the mail, and sure enough, I got ticketed for parking in a handicapped space. Thankfully the court was willing to accept my replacement placard as proof of my right to park and voided the ticket.

Granted. The difference here is the tag is placed on the car and can be done so without "tagging" the individual as somehow different.
<snip>

As far as "exercising your rights under the ADA," the ADA requires "that places of public accommodation may not insist on proof of State certification" that is to say, if I am disabled, I do not have to proove to you that I am disabled in order to receive accommodations I am requesting for my disability. (Parking spaces do not fall into this same classification for the reasons I mentioned previously--you are tagging the VEHICLE devoid of the disabled individual.)

May I thus infer that you think the ADA needs to be changed?
Or would restaurants that would prefer not to have Segways in their place of business just have to believe what someone says?

(All right, so I'm a miserable human being who tends to think that people are generally lying unless they prove otherwise)

The Segway is a vehicle. Currently, vehicles used by the handicapped, such as cars, are marked voluntarily by their drivers so they can be stored in particular spaces, such as parking spaces that are closer to the entrances of establishments.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting anything other than the rules that apply to one vehicle being applied to another.

Looks like there is a need for some education about the Segway Human Transporter on this site.

Segways are Electric Personal Mobility Assistance Devices EPMAD's made here in the United States. They cost between 3 and 5 thousand dollars new. They are sold at dealerships, of which there are a good number in the Washington Region, and one in DC proper.

Segways ARE NOT vehicles, and ARE NOT classified as vehicles in any state or district in the United States. Therefore there are no licensing requirements for Segways. In Maryland and Virginia, you can purchase Segway Insurance, but not in DC, here Segways are under your household insurance.

Segways are legal in 44 states and the District of Columbia for use; some municipalities have modified laws for use to fit their specific communities' needs.

Segways are rechargeable, battery powered, self balancing, 2 wheeled human transporters, that can stand still, move at a snails pace, or up to 12.5 mph or anywhere in between at the users control. They can go up to 24 miles on a single charge. There are several types of Segway HT's available. The I series, which most people have that take up the same amount of space that a person does, when standing, and add 8 inches to the height of the person using the Segway. There is the smaller P model, which are a fewer of, and not many of here in DC, which was designed as a lighter weight machine for indoor use. There is the XT model, with large tires, which is designed for off road use, and not really an urban transporter.

Segway I's & P's have silica-based tires, like wheelchair tires, that do not mar floors and were designed for both indoor and outdoor use.

Segways require a digitally encrypted key called an I-button, and each Segway comes with 3 of them that control the speed of the machine, up to 5 mph, up to 8 mph and up to 12.5 mph. Without that specific key the Segway cannot be turned on. You can use a bike lock to secure a Segway.

Segways are tough virtually indestructible and very dependable machines, that take a lot to damage them, so they would not be easily hurt if they were stuffed in a coatroom. Popping wheelies on them is not an easy task because the computer controlling the Segway is always monitoring the machine. There are some folks who do extreme segging, but not many here in DC.

Anyone who uses a Segway goes through a training program (and that includes the customers of the several DC tour companies around town.) Like any thing, it takes some getting used to, and most Segway users master the Segway within a few hours.

We have a population of about 1000 privately owned Segways in the immediate DC area, and numerous units owned and used by the federal government, Metro, and local corporations. Many police departments and security forces, as well as the DC and Alexandria Police Depts are using Segways. Segways are in all three of our airports, and at airports around the country.

Segways do not pose a threat to anyone, but do offer users a viable alternative to fossil fuel powered transportation.

Next time you have trouble finding a parking space, or are mad because of traffic, think, you could have used a Segway HT instead!

Segways ARE NOT vehicles, and ARE NOT classified as vehicles in any state or district in the United States. Therefore there are no licensing requirements for Segways.

Thanks for the additional information. However, although the Segway may not currently be classified as a vehicle under state laws, it fits the dictionary definition of a vehicle:

A device or structure for transporting persons or things; a conveyance

A self-propelled conveyance that runs on tires; a motor vehicle.

A bike rack provided outdoors seems to be the most logical place to store one.

Segways ARE NOT vehicles, and ARE NOT classified as vehicles

Segways are machines used to get from one place to another. They are vehicles. Whether or not they are classified as such is irrelevant for the purpose of how to behave when using them. Law does not preclude independent thought. That's why ketchup was never a vegetable.

Looks like there is a need for some education about the Segway Human Transporter on this site.

And thank you for being so arrogant about it
Segways ARE NOT vehicles, and ARE NOT classified as vehicles in any state or district in the United States. Therefore there are no licensing requirements for Segways. 

An unfortunate success for Kamen's lobbying people
  You can use a bike lock to secure a Segway.

Than why not leave this motorized means of transportation outside?
Segways are tough virtually indestructible and very dependable machines, that take a lot to damage them, so they would not be easily hurt if they were stuffed in a coatroom. 

See above
Segways do not pose a threat to anyone, but do offer users a viable alternative to fossil fuel powered transportation.
until some yahoo riding down the sidewalk (mine was actually a cop) nails you in the back with the damn thing
Next time you have trouble finding a parking space, or are mad because of traffic, think, you could have used a Segway HT instead!

or Metro

But seriously, you mentioned in your first post several non-disabled people who felt entitled to ride the things indoors. What could possibly be the justification for that?

I, for one, would be happy to take the opposite tack to you and boycott the restaurants and other businesses that allowed you to do that.

But then again under ADA we can see that they had no choice. And just to make it clear one more time, I do not begrudge the indoor use of the Segway by the disabled.

[This thread is getting a bit testy. That's fine, but it seems like it's ten minutes away from degrading. Please stay on the high road for as long as you can and avoid personal insults. At some point, it will probably implode (far be it for me to go to the gym, but that's probably when it will erupt into a flame war), in which case I'll have no choice but to shut it down.

BTW, I'm trying to priority-register Segway users today out of fairness.

Cheers! Rocks]

I think I am going to pre-empt Rocks and say that this discussion should NOT! NOT! NOT! evolve into a hatefest of pro-Segway vs. anti-Segway sentiments. These passions, be they what they may be, are best taken elsewhere.

Certainly, my original intention has been to appeal to the pro-common sense vs. anti-common sense boundary. You know, this story almost got buried in "the trenches" collection. Don't go hatin' on people, it makes it easy to dismiss you.

Edited to say: damn you Rocks! You raced me!!

Off to watch Eurosport. Men's short program about to start, I can't be dallying with you here.

Edited by Nadya

this discussion should evolve into a hatefest of pro-Segway vs. anti-Segway sentiments.

A Freudian slip?

Hey, as long as gliders are also eaters, it's fine with me. Just keep the things outside (with the usual caveat by now described ad nauseum)

I think I am going to pre-empt Rocks and say that this discussion should evolve into a hatefest of pro-Segway vs. anti-Segway sentiments. These passions, be they what they may be, are best taken elsewhere.

Certainly, my original intention has been to appeal to the pro-common sense vs. anti-common sense boundary. You know, this story almost got buried in "the trenches" collection. Don't go hatin' on people, it makes it easy to dismiss you.

Edited to say: damn you Rocks! You raced me!!

Off to watch Eurosport. Men's short program about to start, I can't be dallying with you here.

Hey, wow, in the "end" I agree with Nadya, though I did find some of the things she said early on to be offensive.

It DOES all boil down to common sense and the lack of it shown by so many people in society today.

I would just like to say that just because someone rides a Segway doesn't mean they don't have common sense -- I am sure there are inconsiderate Segway riders out there -- have you observed traffic lately? I think 50% or more of drivers fall into the inconsiderate class these days. Heck, even pedestrians are inconsiderate with eachother ... have you walked in the rain lately?

This has truly been a fascinating thread and I am glad I was able to participate--thank you Rock!

Take-away hopefully for all--just because something is new or different doesn't automatically make it a threat, or bad, or stupid. And just because its not for you doesn't mean its not for plenty of other people. Live and let live everyone -- so long as no one is spitting on you, enjoy the rain.

That's why ketchup was never a vegetable.
Uh, maybe it's just me, but I thought this was supposed to be a food and restaurant-focused site...
It's evolving into so much more!

Ketchup isn't a vegetable? ohmy.gif

-- I am sure there are inconsiderate Segway riders out there --

Barring evidence that he in fact has some disability, I'm sure everyone reading would agree that the inspiration for this thread falls into this category.

On that note, I think I'm going to take up walking around town on those stilts they used in the production of the Lion King musical: they don't pollute, don't use appreciably more energy to operate, and due to their stride length get me around town much faster. However, I will also have to make myself comfortable in the fact that I will only be welcome in establishments with 20' ceilings and very tall bar stools, requirements for dining that I would not reasonably expect any restaurant to meet merely to accomodate my idiosyncratic method of transportation.

I remember this, I thought some entrepreneur had gone into business renting Segway's to tourists.

SegwayFest was a group of owners who came from all over the world to DC

http://www.segwayfest.com/dc.html

There are about 200 people each week who rent Segways from tour operators in DC in the high tourist season.

http://www.citysegwaytours.com/washington/

http://www.segnation.com/

http://www.capitalsegway.com/cs/

http://www.segsinthecity.net/

Many tourists come to DC and rent Segways, then want to go out for a good dinner. So where should we send them, that they can talk about what a great time they had in DC, and about the DC Segway experience?

Many DC area Segway owners, want to go out, with their Segways - and where should we send them?

The DC SEG Group had talked about offering Segway Friendly window stickers to Segway Friendly businesses, so that Segway users would know where they are welcome. Now I think the time has come!

For you sports fans - the first ever international Segway Polo Match will be held in New Zealand next month... http://www.bayareaseg.com/Polo.htm

Edited by DC Segway User