Waitman

Anonymous Trashings

Review on dcist.com here.

Frankly, I'm amazed at some of the comments at the bottom. The sense of entitlement that is developing truly astounds me.

It's time for another dr.com event at RK - even if it's just a HH on a whim. I'm craving some good charcuterie.

The first rule of trashing a restaurant: try to do so in a way that dosen't make it absolutely clear that no matter what happened at dinner, you, the ranter, were clearly the biggest asshole in the zip code at the time.

And put me down for the charcuterie.

I'm in.

From the comments - this is some of the stupidest shit I've read in a long time:

The idea of eating a meal on a butcher's board doesn’t sound appealing. Wood is quite porous. Since a butcher block cannot be sealed or varnished, bacteria from meats and foodstuff is absorbed and a great place to flourish. And with the quality of sanitation in the restaurant industry today, I will stick with good old fashion glass plates.
First of all, it's "old-fashioned," dickhead. And second, there's quite a lot of this information out there. The Google is your friend.

edited to fix the link.

First of all, it's "old-fashioned," dickhead. And second, there's quite a lot of this information out there. The Google is your friend.

After reading the thread on DCist about RK, an Old Fashioned is exactly what I need at this moment. What a textbook example of assholismus.

I'm in.

From the comments - this is some of the stupidest shit I've read in a long time:First of all, it's "old-fashioned," dickhead. And second, there's quite a lot of this information out there. The Google is your friend.

edited to fix the link.

This is the stupidest shit I've read (it was in today's Post) in a long time: "One recommnedation [for avoiding salmonella] for frying sunny-side-up eggs is to flip them so both sides get cooked."

I think that reccomendation came from the cutting board guy. :blink:

From the same comments - I'd get behind this in a heartbeat:

The solution is simple: hire an on-site fluffer to help uptight customers rub one out and send them on their way.

If we are not allowed to to give our opinion free from the glare of public and press coverage, the quality of our advice to the President other people killing time at work would decline and national security the quality of lunch might could suffer.

First they came for the Anonymous Dickweeds, and I did not speak out.

Mainly because they were thorough enough to gag me before taking me away.

Anonymous Dickweeds grow in my backyard. They'll go right after your tomatoes if you're not careful.

OK, which of you are the jokers who have been giving those original posters hell over at DCist?

Can dickweeds be prepared like dandelion greens? Maybe a hot bacon dressing...

On a more serious note, this board seems to avoid clearly insane commenters. Is there an essay question for new members that helps weed them out?

On a more serious note, this board seems to avoid clearly insane commenters. Is there an essay question for new members that helps weed them out?

I think it helps having to identify yourself to a moderator before being able to post.

No, that's Gastreaux's job.

I think there's also a little something called a delete button.

Yes, yes, they get deleted. But, thanks to insomnia I frequently work the 1-4 AM shift here at dr.com, and there are surprisingly few posts (even the drunk ones) that are really offensive or stupid.

No essay question. Our posts get deleted at the speed of light.

OOOPS

---

:blink:

Edited by DonRocks

No, but Don requires you to perform a certain trick in a restaurant--undetected and without the need for fluffers.

This board addresses dickweeds by deleting some and jumping on others. I still feel that the quality of the posts and thus the information presented here is the best in DC and probably better than many others on the East Coast.

OK, which of you are the jokers who have been giving those original posters hell over at DCist?
I'll cop to the Smoothie King comment. I couldn't resist.

How typical is this kind of comment from one server about another server--or one sous chef about the quality of food while dining out? That is, from those who post anonymously while identifying themselves as being professionals in the restaurant business?

How typical is this kind of comment from one server about another server--or one sous chef about the quality of food while dining out? That is, from those who post anonymously while identifying themselves as being professionals in the restaurant business?

My bet is that they are making it up to try and provide some credibility to their comment. I always have fun imagining how the events actually transpired.

There is something a little stalkerish about someone who would cut and paste a two-year-old rant entirely inspired by a server who didn't ask "how is everything?" and informed by both repetitive claims to be in the business and a juvenile need to be comped a $25 wine-pairing charge. And, Jesus, is anyone complaining about a $115 meal (on Valentine's Day) (with wine) like it's dinner at the fuckin' Ritz really working at a "fine dining" place? Sheee-it -- I'm betting Maggiano's at best. (Google the name -- he also hates Belga and the Hitchin Post [we got a beef, now] and can't wait for Petworth to go all-yuppie).

Not, to be sure, that I don't defend the right of Internet posters to be anonymous dickweeds (though when a local chef called me one, I posted my name and told her to ring me if she had a problem. The call never came). It's kind of the nature of the net. And, just as anonymous dickweeds can level charges without credibility or veracity, local restauranteurs have little problem dismissing what are sometimes almost certainly legitimate complaints as athe uniformed ravings of cowardly anonymous dickweeds. That is why, like mdt, I like reading a good rant (or a suspicious rave) and trying to figure out what really went down.

I'm betting Maggiano's at best.

Speaking of stalking: Olive's at 16th and K. How about a Rockwell HH? :blink:

I'll cop to the Smoothie King comment. I couldn't resist.
I think we might be able to guess who "Chasmo" is.

Posting psychotic, two-year-old service rants is so uncool. Get that man a fluffer!

There is something a little stalkerish about someone who would cut and paste a two-year-old rant entirely inspired by a server who didn't ask "how is everything?" and informed by both repetitive claims to be in the business and a juvenile need to be comped a $25 wine-pairing charge. And, Jesus, is anyone complaining about a $115 meal (on Valentine's Day) (with wine) like it's dinner at the fuckin' Ritz really working at a "fine dining" place? Sheee-it -- I'm betting Maggiano's at best. (Google the name -- he also hates Belga and can't wait for Petworth to go all-yuppie).
When did Kolumbia open? The first post here about it was just over a year ago. Was that rant right after it opened? I'm having trouble imagining that place being fairly empty on Valentine's Day.

Having posted in plenty of places where people post under their "name," and it's a made up name, I'm wary about this whole discussion of anonymous or not. Giving a name is kind of an honor system. That's the reason this site requires some information from people when they register.