On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

mmmm, dino! What to do when one has a mid-week birthday (on Ash Wednesday, no less) and an early class the next day? Go to a place that feels like home! Very much looking forward to my dinner tonight.

I know, I'm supposed to be fasting or something.... feasting is close enough to fasting, right? Right!

I'm a shiksa**, and we had a great time last year. Hopefully we'll have the money to go again. And we'll bring our own Haggadah this year :rolleyes:

**Am I allowed to call myself that? Who knows? Whatever - I'm a catholic, not even eating meat on most fridays. But the meal last year with the wine pairings was fantastic.

Thinking about lunch at Ghar-E-Kabab today.
Damn. Wish I had seen this earlier. I just had a can of soup for lunch. Ick.

But I definitely need drinks after work today. LOTS of drinks. We're hitting RtC for dinner. Maybe I'll just get there an hour early and start drinking gin.

Damn. Wish I had seen this earlier. I just had a can of soup for lunch. Ick.

But I definitely need drinks after work today. LOTS of drinks. We're hitting RtC for dinner. Maybe I'll just get there an hour early and start drinking gin.

I didn't go. Maybe one day next week?

I have an interview Friday, so if xcanuck is down with Thursday, let's do 11:30 at Ghar-E-Kabab. Anyone else who wants to join us is welcome. :blink:
That is very doable, though I'm gonna feel sorry for my optometerist, who I see a mere hour after lunch. :D

Daughter's late gymnastics class tonight and Ms. DanielK with a late work conference means DanielK and the kids are hitting China Bistro in Rockville to knock back a few dozen dumplings. We'll be there a few minutes before 7p - the more the merrier!

I feel the same way, except in my case it's East St. Louis-style cravings...

(Toodle-oo!)

Michael, I've been going to Imo's for over twenty years. I literally drive through East St. Louis, IL. Where should I be stopping at?

Yeah, I'm actually getting tired of this trend. Pad Thai, King Pao Chicken and poorly executed sushi on the same menu is an absurd trend. Make it stop.

Really? I don't think it is an absurd trend--that is, as long as the Pad Thai costs at least $32 and features head-on day boat prawns and the Kung Pao Chicken is a whole deep-fried bird carved table-side for $22 a person/minimum 3 people. Of course, gold leaf must be embedded in the noori, or it is indeed absurd.

A trip to Cheesetique tomorrow will be accompanied by my only-can-get-there-once-a-year pilgrimage to Eamonn's.

Say, 11:30. Any VA-based friends around?

Alas, if not for existing lunch plans, I'd be there with bells on. And mini-finis (Jill's mini Finocchiona are the best!).

Say hi to the cod for me.

Together we watched the locals attempt to burn down the neighborhood with ill-aimed bootleg fireworks and a small army of cops (oblivious to the fireworks) decide whether the woman on the corner should be arrested, committed or ignored.

WMan I am sorry to break the news to you, but fireworks can be purchased legally in the District. And presumably, if they are legal to buy, they are legal to fire up. I realize that this takes away a considerable amount of the cachet that illegal activities may represent to those who are of the reluctant bourgoisie, but if you want to shoot off some firecrackers on the 4th next year, you can get them at Rodman's.