On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Dude: where were you in '92? If you say "not born yet" I will come through the screen and slap you. ;)
I still see tags on the east side of the red line. My favorite was in the 15 Minutes Club.
Kids these days :lol: -- I no longer go to restaurants that don't have an owner-authored child-rearing manifesto (manifestos are very TP, no?) on each table and find my dining pleasure much enhanced.
Some of us don't need owner-authored manifestos, thankyouverymuch, but manifestos are very Tk Pk. I look forward to reading this one.

I drove by today and it didn't look like anything was happening.

Lovely meal last night before heading over to see Bottle Shock. Started with a yummy chicken liver pate and followed it up with the whole roasted rockfish - simple and very tasty. Sides were braised wild greens, mac/cheese and grilled corn on the cob - all were quite good with the corn being particularly flavorful. Drank the 2006 David Noyes Pinot, which I'd never heard of - well priced and quite delicious. The space is really very beautiful and an incredibly welcome addition to the Bethesda dining scene. Bravo Eli and Jared!
So, how was the movie?

The denizens here at dr.com will be pleased to know that I'm never drinking again.
I've said that so many times - and then gone out for wings and beer that evening...

(Hey, that's a good idea for this evening! Wings and curry sauce at 4 Ps along with beer and trivia! Tomorrow morning will suck even if I'm not hungover...)

The denizens here at dr.com will be pleased to know that I'm never drinking again.

C'mon, most of us quit this routine in college. You and everyone else here knows that this hangover will be history by 5PM today and you'll probably be knee deep in a bottle of 2005 Domaine Joseph Belland on the deck outside at Poste by early Friday evening.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body, Donald. You'll be back on that horse before you can say "Restaurant Week is almost over!"

While picking up some take-out from Madras Palace in Gaitherburg, Gubeen noticed that Saagar is having its grand opening tonight, replacing Bombay Dhaba in the shopping center that faces Rt 124.

Their otherwise content-free website indicates that the opening will be in the form of a free dinner buffet from 6:30 to 10pm. We'll probably stop by to check it out...does anybody know anything about Chef Shekhar?

Al-it seems only appropriate that you tell us what you are up to tonight. Oh wait-now you're married. Never mind :lol:

If you think about it, especially after a drink or two, if Al hadn't started On A Whim on eG who knows if we would have needed our own playground which led to the creation of dr.com.

Think about how much more productive we would all be at work.

Or how thin we would be and how much more money we would have in our bank accounts.

But the last five years wouldn't have been nearly as much fun or tasted as good.

I forgot about the anniversary! Hmmm, what did I do last night-- chicken kabobs at home and The Wire on DVD.

That thread did set off a whacky chain of events in a way. Heather and I sat at the bar at Matchbox, scarfed down some good pizza, drank a few beers (and maybe some shots of fruit infused vodka?) and then went to RFD for a nightcap(s). It was great meeting another like-minded eG'er. Many more of these meetings took place over the years including lunch with Stretch, Chinese with HillValley, a HUGE pig pickin on a tennis court in NC, Chinese New Year with the NY and NJ crowd in Jersey, various run-ins with DR himself (including a sordid evening at Palena ;) ), a Minibar run with Vengroff, an even more sordid (for me anyway) evening at Marcel's with Wabeck and Slater, some vaguely-remembered evenings at BdC, and others too numerous to mention.

I used to get around back in the day. :lol:

Last minute, I know....but anyone for the bar at RtC tonite? FBOW, they've installed a TV in the bar area so I'm sure the Caps game will be on tonite. :lol:
When I was in the bar a couple Sundays ago, the game was on but they did keep the sound muted.

Definitely under the weather but still had work to do all day. So I went to Banh Mi DC/Pho 75 this moring. At Banh Mi DC I picked up a combo sandwich, 2 spring rolls, 1 chicken filled pastry and 1 pork filled pastry. Then I walked over to Pho 75 for a bowl of brisket and well done flank pho. I ate two spring rolls before the pho even came out, then I slurped down a bowl of pho. Thus fortified, I went home to work. Right after noon, I ate the sandwich. Not very good (not enough pate but nice pickled veggies). For dinner I had the pastries. They're kind of like croissant pasties. I'm still stuffed but not feeling much better though.

What time you thinking? (so I can show up an hour or so later, when you actually arrive :P)
No way, we're not doing that again. I'm taking the Metro in this time (incidentally, I'll be with the same friends as last time, but we're STILL taking the Metro.)

Was thinking 6.