Poll: Spring Picnic Dates, 2011

Barbara

55 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred date for the Spring Picnic?

• May 1
    • May 15 (alternate site)
    • May 22
    • June 12

***This post is info-only; we'll start a poll on dates soon.***

FWIW, our usual site is already reserved on May 15. June 5 is also already booked. Rocks, are you still interested in having the picnic (or, "picnic") while your mother-in-law is in town?

(For new members, we try to have our picnic on a Sunday so that members who are part of the industry have a better chance at attending, so we'll be looking at Sundays in May/June.)

***This post is info-only; we'll start a poll on dates soon.***

FWIW, our usual site is already reserved on May 15. June 5 is also already booked. Rocks, are you still interested in having the picnic (or, "picnic") while your mother-in-law is in town?

(For new members, we try to have our picnic on a Sunday so that members who are part of the industry have a better chance at attending, so we'll be looking at Sundays in May/June.)

Interested, sure, but I don't want the picnic to be built around it (she's in town May 20th - June 6th (I think)), and I think May 15th is a great date for the pique-nique (as they say in France).

Interested, sure, but I don't want the picnic to be built around it (she's in town May 20th - June 6th (I think)), and I think May 15th is a great date for the pique-nique (as they say in France).

Hrm. I wasn't clear. I meant the site is already taken on the 15th, so to do it that day we have to find another location (or at least another site at Fort Hunt).

Sorry to any and all who mis-read.

Hrm. I wasn't clear. I meant the site is already taken on the 15th, so to do it that day we have to find another location (or at least another site at Fort Hunt).

You know by now that my attention span lasts only one sentence. :)

The 29th is Memorial Day which is bad. June is getting a bit late. I think May 8th might be best, no?

You know by now that my attention span lasts only one sentence. :)

The 29th is Memorial Day which is bad. June is getting a bit late. I think May 8th might be best, no?

Except it's Mother's Day.

The list of available Sundays at Fort Hunt, C-002:

May 1

May 8 (Mother's Day)

May 22

May 29 (Memorial Day wknd)

June 12 (getting late)

Except it's Mother's Day.

The list of available Sundays at Fort Hunt, C-002:

May 1

May 8 (Mother's Day)

May 22

May 29 (Memorial Day wknd)

June 12 (getting late)

In the interest of the common good, I propose May 1. Have we done a poll?

I once did a Pole. "Get off my sister!" Wabeck screamed.

We've used another spot at the park in the past (D-1 maybe?) and it was fine, too. All of the picnic areas at Fort Hunt are nice and seem to have large covered areas. Might be worth checking availability for the dates C-2 isn't available (I can do that later today).

We've used another spot at the park in the past (D-1 maybe?) and it was fine, too. All of the picnic areas at Fort Hunt are nice and seem to have large covered areas. Might be worth checking availability for the dates C-2 isn't available (I can do that later today).

D-1 is available on May 15 and 22, as well as June 19. It's slightly larger and costs $225.

Bump....

Don't forget to vote for your preferred date(s)! We'll be wrapping up the poll on Monday so we can get a date set and start planning the picnic.

New members, members who have never attended a picnic or haven't been to one in a while, and picnic regulars - cast your ballot and plan to join us for another day of food and fun!

45 people voted, and only 46 votes have been recorded. Can people really only attend ONE of the dates? You should be voting for ALL the dates you can attend.

Hm.. that's really strange. I'm pretty sure that I voted for all but one of the available options, so even based on that alone the math doesn't work out. The other strange thing is, looking up at the poll now I'm wondering .. were there more dates on the list before?

Hm.. that's really strange. I'm pretty sure that I voted for all but one of the available options, so even based on that alone the math doesn't work out. The other strange thing is, looking up at the poll now I'm wondering .. were there more dates on the list before?

Yes; sometimes if people go back in and re-vote it doesn't count the votes (I don't know why). And I deleted the dates that had < 4 votes.

Yes; sometimes if people go back in and re-vote it doesn't count the votes (I don't know why). And I deleted the dates that had < 4 votes.

I didn't re-vote though .. I voted for all dates that worked for me in one voting session. I actually don't even see an option to re-vote.

But it makes me feel better to know that dates were deleted -- I was sure there used to be more! And I was also sure that one date didn't work for me, and all of the currently listed dates do work for me, so even if I'm the only one who voted for multiple dates there should be 3 more votes than members voting.

I didn't re-vote though .. I voted for all dates that worked for me in one voting session. I actually don't even see an option to re-vote.

But it makes me feel better to know that dates were deleted -- I was sure there used to be more! And I was also sure that one date didn't work for me, and all of the currently listed dates do work for me, so even if I'm the only one who voted for multiple dates there should be 3 more votes than members voting.

Don't forget those deleted dates - they may still count towards members voting, but no longer count towards the total number of votes.

Don't forget those deleted dates - they may still count towards members voting, but no longer count towards the total number of votes.

Oh, this is a good point!

I don't need to change my votes, but I am curious -- where is the delete/change option? I only see a message that tells me that I've already voted.

Oh, this is a good point!

I don't need to change my votes, but I am curious -- where is the delete/change option? I only see a message that tells me that I've already voted.

At the bottom of the poll - I see a "delete my vote" button. Once I chose that, then I got a "Vote" option.

I see the "You have already voted" but not "delete my vote" -- I would like to go back in and vote for multiple dates.

Me too, I didn't realizeI could vote for multiple dates but can make multiple dates. But I don't have a delete my vote option, either.

Me too, I didn't realizeI could vote for multiple dates but can make multiple dates. But I don't have a delete my vote option, either.

I seriously have no idea how this works (yet another fun bit of Invision weirdness!) but if you PM me the dates you want to add votes for (not including what you already entered), I can enter them.

[This is all probably a setting that I can tweak. What does everyone want me to do?]

Can you leave it as-is right now? I've had people PMing me dates to add and I've been doing so; if you switch things, they might end up double-voting. We're closing the poll Monday anyway.

Keep this in mind while voting:

It has been an unusually harsh, cold winter and growth of lovely springtime things is being held back quite a bit. I'm talking quantity as well as variety and size. Cooler temperatures continue.

Therefore, unless you're thinking of inviting Sandra Lee as a second guest of honor, or feasting only on pig, frosting and carbs (not that there is anything wrong with that), you might be happiest holding the picnic as late as possible, especially if you're yearning for pea shooters.

I voted for 1 date (didn't realize there was a multiple date option), but I will do my best to attend any date selected-we love these picnics! I picked the latest date, because that's when my DH will be back from overseas (& the kids done w/ lacrosse), & he loves the picnic, too (last time, we skipped his unit picnic, in order to be at the DR picnic-no contest)-I have a new smoker, Weber Smokey Mt., & I'll be attempting a lax team dinner (ribs, brisket, butt) next week-wish me luck...

All righty folks -- the poll is closed, and the most popular date is (drum roll please) ... Sunday, May 22.

If there is strong sentiment that this is an absolutely awful weekend for a picnic, please speak now (PM me, please) ... otherwise, we'll hop on this and book site D-1 at Fort Hunt.

Details to follow ... B)

All righty folks -- the poll is closed, and the most popular date is (drum roll please) ... Sunday, May 22.

If there is strong sentiment that this is an absolutely awful weekend for a picnic, please speak now (PM me, please) ... otherwise, we'll hop on this and book site D-1 at Fort Hunt.

Details to follow ... B)

Why D-1 and not the usual C-2?