Huh, I just realized I forgot to note in my earlier post that we followed Joe's good advice and had an excellent meal at Sello's. We were there early (5:30ish), so had no wait issues. The wife had homemade pasta, in purse form, with a pesto cream sauce, and they were great. Huge portion as well, plenty fo lunch the next day. The boy had a cheese pizza, and had no complaints. I was watching the pizza guy, and he seemed to be very skillful, to an amateur. I had a pasta with sausage, also very good, and also plenty left over for a full lunch the next day. We will definitely go back. Sorry for the brain fart!

I guess Berlin, MD material is part of the Ocean City thread.

On an overcast Saturday we swung by the Berlin, MD Oktoberfest.  Much of the historic downtown area was shut down to street traffic.  The main stage featured traditional German Oktoberfest music, a second tent had more contemporary bands.  The streets were lined with various vendors, food stalls, and a couple of beer tents.  Burley Oak Brewery had the main beer tent, their porter was decent.  Gilbert's Provisions was serving homemade brats with mustard, kraut, and/or kimchi.  Island Creamery was dishing up some tasty ice cream.  The Oktoberfest isn't large, but Berlin is definitely quaint and it was a fun way to spend a couple hours.

Street parking was a little tough, but we found plenty at the nearby Stephen Decatur Park, which has easy access to Rt. 113 and is a short 5 minute walk from the center of town.   

Dry85 and Red Red Wine, are two decent Annapolis establishments which opened up in Ocean City.  I'll never cross the bay bridge but the Annapolis locations are always good.

4 minutes ago, MarkS said:

Dry85 and Red Red Wine, are two decent Annapolis establishments which opened up in Ocean City.  I'll never cross the bay bridge but the Annapolis locations are always good.

The barrel picks I’ve had from Dry85, if you’re a whisk(e)y fan have been some of the best I’ve experienced in this area.  The Four Roses and the Weller Antique were incredible.

• Like 1

Speaking of restaurants that have locations in OC and elsewhere, has anyone been to Abbey Burger Bistro in either Baltimore or OC? The Baltimore location at least seems to be very popular, and the OC location is very close to where we stayed last year and where we're staying this year.

2 hours ago, Rovers2000 said:

The barrel picks I’ve had from Dry85, if you’re a whisk(e)y fan have been some of the best I’ve experienced in this area.  The Four Roses and the Weller Antique were incredible.

Glad you enjoyed.  Both Dry85 and Red Red Wine are owned by same team though the libations differ. Annapolis should be in the summer rotation for everyone on this list and there is good dining choices there as well.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:58 AM, dracisk said:

Speaking of restaurants that have locations in OC and elsewhere, has anyone been to Abbey Burger Bistro in either Baltimore or OC? The Baltimore location at least seems to be very popular, and the OC location is very close to where we stayed last year and where we're staying this year.

The Fed Hill location in Baltimore is very solid, mostly known for their build-your-own-burger menu and rotating exotic meats (wild boar, alligator, kangaroo, etc.). I'm usually happy with their regular beef patty on a pretzel bun. One quibble is they upcharge to substitute any side for the default chips, which is a bit galling when you paid $3.50 extra for a "house salad" consisting of nothing more than chopped up burger toppings.

• Thanks 1