Bloody Marys

Are there any bloody mary bars left in the city?  Someplace where I have a plethora of choices to create the perfect brunch coctail and waste away a few hours on a Sunday?

I can't believe I'm writing this, but . . . The Sign of the Whale on M Street has a "make your own" Bloody Mary special every Sunday. They serve you the vodka in a highball glass with ice and you can take it to the area in the front and doctor it all up your own self. I particularly like the selection of hot sauces that are available. Sure, it's slumming but you don't have to depend on who is behind the bar.

it has been some time since i have been, but capitol lounge had a bloody mary bar when that was my typical hangover cure. the pork chops and eggs is really good when you have that wavy feeling in the head too.

while they don't have a bloody mary bar, tonic garnishes bloody mary's with a thick cut deep fried peice of bacon. pork makes everything better. :)

The best Bloody Mary I've had in town is at Acadiana -- it is SPICY, and tastes like New Orleans. (I mean that in only the good ways...) I made a batch of their Bloody Mary recipe for a party of Louisiana ex-pats last winter, to rave reviews. Yum! Looks like I have a new plan for next Sunday... :)

Logan Tavern has one.
Their brunch is definitely where to go if you're strictly drinking and looking for a "plethora of choices." I believe you get a choice of several vodkas, choices of spiciness, choices of add-ins (clam juice, old bay, fresh horseradish and the like) - hell you even get your choice of garnish.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but . . . The Sign of the Whale on M Street has a "make your own" Bloody Mary special every Sunday.  They serve you the vodka in a highball glass with ice and you can take it to the area in the front and doctor it all up your own self.  I particularly like the selection of hot sauces that are available.  Sure, it's slumming but you don't have to depend on who is behind the bar.

Sign of the Whale was the first place that sprung to mind for me. I believe both the mimosas and the make-your-own Bloody Marys are $10 for all-you-can-drink. The Bloody Mary bar has hot sauces, horseradish, beef broth, and all sorts of business.

And the burgers aren't bad.

Whitlow's on Wilson has a Bloody Mary Bar.  My favorite is at Ragtime in Courthouse Sat/Sun - pickled green beans and a ton of other terrific fixings.

I second Ragtime, they also have a killer breakfast burrito

How about Bloody Marys in general? Any great finds recently? After a whale of a week, I have plans to sip a couple vitaminy (how I justify) Bloody Marys tomorrow afternoon, post my sweating out the residual stress at the gym. Bloody Marys, a good movie, total relaxation. Ahhh, I can't wait!

A few years back, I did a professional favor for a friend and she rewarded me with most (missed the first two games) of two season tickets to the 'Skins. Club level. You know how the rest of y'all have to stop drinking at the third quarter? Club level has a private party with a band after the Game. I was livin' large for six contests. But the best thing about it was the Bloody Mary bar. Get yourself a beer cup with a double shot of Swedish vodka, linger for a few minutes, deciding whether or not to doctor it up with Old Bay or just go with the traditional recioe, and snuggle into your seat just in time for kickoff. Nice.

While I don't have much to say about the food, Eggspectation makes a pretty decent bloody mary served in an Old Bay rimmed glass. My only complaint is the use of celery stalk as opposed to a pickled green bean.

In the city, Tabard Inn usually has a pretty solid bloody mary as well.

When Will Earls was at Firefly he designed 5 or so Bloody Marys that made a stir in some articles (post). I'm not sure if they still run them but when I spoke to him last he said they did. Might be worth a phone call or a stop by.

ps. since its my first post I'm not sure if I did the link correctly.

The Bloody Maria at 2Amys is hands down the best bloody I have had in recent memory.

I actually finally got to Two Amy's for the first time today and had the Bloody Mary there. I agree with you, Matt. It was pretty awesome...lots of lemon and lime going on as well as well as the traditional tomato base. The added acidity really helped knife through the fattiness of the cured meats plate.