dr.com Sunday Evening Dinner at Amoo's - Sun, Mar. 23rd, 6 PM, $40 with Unlimited Free Corkage

Chef Seb

Which Sunday For The Amoo's Dinner?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for all Sundays (6 PM or so) that you can attend

• March 16th
    • March 23rd
    • March 30th

NOTE: DO NOT LOOK AT THE POLL RESULTS WITHOUT VOTING FIRST; OTHERWISE, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO VOTE.

------

Ok Folks, so Don and I been having some talks about doing an event exclusively for DR's members at Amoo's!!

And ill think of a cool menu to put together for that evening and I promise it'll be pocket friendly as this is more designed to show all of you guys who have supported my family's business over the years, some love!!

Here are the dates that I have available for you foodies,

Sunday March 15, 2014

Sunday March 22, 2014

Sunday March 29, 2014

let us know what works for you guys

• Like 1

Ok Folks, so Don and I been having some talks about doing an event exclusively for DR's members at Amoo's!!

And ill think of a cool menu to put together for that evening and I promise it'll be pocket friendly as this is more designed to show all of you guys who have supported my family's business over the years, some love!!

Here are the dates that I have available for you foodies,

Sunday March 15, 2014

Sunday March 22, 2014

Sunday March 29, 2014

let us know what works for you guys

We're also planning on taking over the whole restaurant, so it will be in essence a private room and we can bring our own wine without corkage.

I've created a poll up above. Please select all Sundays that will work for you.

Our goal is to close the restaurant so we can bring our own wine (it becomes a private room). Amoo's will not be charging any corkage fee; only for the food. I've encouraged Seb to make a fair profit on the food because of this.

Don, when I went to view the poll results, I got the message "you have already voted" -but I hadn't.  ?

The same thing just happened to me. I viewed the poll results prior to voting and now I can't vote because I'm being told I've already voted. :(

From Invision:

---

Hello.

One person has enough detail in their description to diagnose this. They said:

"The same thing just happened to me. I viewed the poll results prior to voting and now I can't vote because I'm being told I've already voted"

And... that's correct.

If they view the results, as the text in the poll box says, they have cast a "Null" vote. So... they already voted. See this screenshot:

support-58796-0-95721600-1394141903_thum 

People must cast their vote, not view the results. Results are shown to them after they vote.

---

So Elizabeth, Laura, just send me a PM and I'll get your votes in for you. Everyone else, please pay heed to this! It's not a good design (and, quite frankly, that message is virtually meaningless and even misleading), but that's the way it is.

We'd love to come.  Soup +1. The place is great!  Any one of the date works.  Since I have to work next day, earlier the better from a start time perspective.  If it starts too late, I might not be able to make it.

Soup

Well, perhaps they need to change the language on that 'warning.'  I saw the 'null vote', but assumed it meant that by clicking on 'View Results' I was not voting.  I didn't realize that I was giving up my chance to vote at all. 

Oright folks, You all have voted!!! The 23rd of march it is....

The wonderful concept of democracy!!

See you guys on the 23rd!

The flyer will be done soon. Im also sending out invitations via Facebook and Twitter this weekend!

Its gonna be a lot fun! Cant wait to meet those of you whom I haven't met!

Party time!!

Bring wine! free corkage!!

• Like 1

Arg! I won't be able to make it. I live so close, however, that I thought I might at least pop in during the meal to introduce myself and meet everyone... assuming a brief visit is OK. So, you all have that to look forward to.

ETA: Oh, I just noticed the post about multiple seatings, so maybe popping in doesn't make sense/isn't helpful...

Oright folks, Im so sorry that it took me so long to post this. With going through the Persian New Year celebrations held at Amoo's, I had very little time to sit down and type the menu and pricing for this evening.
So the pre fixe dinner menu will cost at $40 per person which includes a 5 course dinner with multiple options to choose from.
I thought since this event is designed for the members of dr.com and some of Amoo's loyal guests, it'd be interesting to combine some of Mr. Rockwell's favorites dishes with my own personal favorite items that I enjoy cooking on daily bases.

Here are your dinner course options for this event...

Starter bites:

Orange Olives
Orange marinated fine Olives

Soup:

Saffron Squash Soup
Saffron steamed acorn squash soup topped off with goat cheese crumbles

Or

Soupe Jo
Tomato garlic steamed barley and shredded chicken breast mixed with cilantro and rice noodles

Appetizers:

Hot Beet (Seb's Favorite)
Fire roasted beet served on a bed of basil pistachio pesto and creamy goat cheese

Or

Kashke Bademjan (Don's Favorite)
Sauteed eggplants and topped off with caramelized onions and fresh mint puree, drizzled with fermented yogurt

Entrees:

Sea Bass Kabob (Seb's Favorite)
Jalapeno basil lime marinated wild caught Chilean sea bass, served with a side of Amoo's Saffron rice

Or

Lambshank with Baghali rice (Don's Favorite)
Tomato and garlic braised whole lambshank served with a side of lima beans rice tossed in dill and truffle oil

Or

Lamb Chops Kabob (Seb's Favorite)
Saffron barberry marinated New Zealand lamb chops, served with a side of Amoo's saffron rice

Or

Koofteh (Don's Favorite)
Spiced ground beef meatball, braised in a tangy cilantro and tomato sauce, served with a side of Amoo's Saffron rice

Desserts:

Bastani
Saffron pistachio and rose water infused ice cream

Or

Anar Puffs
Pomegranate goat cheese stuffed cream puffs

Everyone may arrive at 6 since its a private dinner event. The only reason why i asked everyone to RSVP was to have a count of exactly how many people will be attending. In order to make adjustments and to ensure correct inventory, the kitchen needs to know what kind of volumes we will be dealing with. RSVPing to the event will ensure quality of service and food.
Once again, thank you for joining. Looking forward to meeting all of you in Person.

Happy Norooz (Persian New Year)

P.S please remeber this is a private fun dinner party... So lets not be so serious....:-) Please come as you wish and bring your funn vibes with you!!

• Like 2

Oright folks, Im so sorry that it took me so long to post this. With going through the Persian New Year celebrations held at Amoo's, I had very little time to sit down and type the menu and pricing for this evening.

So the pre fixe dinner menu will cost at $40 per person which includes a 5 course dinner with multiple options to choose from.

I thought since this event is designed for the members of dr.com and some of Amoo's loyal guests, it'd be interesting to combine some of Mr. Rockwell's favorites dishes with my own personal favorite items that I enjoy cooking on daily bases.

Here are your dinner course options for this event...

Starter bites:

Orange Olives

Orange marinated fine Olives

Soup:

Saffron Squash Soup

Saffron steamed acorn squash soup topped off with goat cheese crumbles

Or

Soupe Jo

Tomato garlic steamed barley and shredded chicken breast mixed with cilantro and rice noodles

Appetizers:

Hot Beet (Seb's Favorite)

Fire roasted beet served on a bed of basil pistachio pesto and creamy goat cheese

Or

Kashke Bademjan (Don's Favorite)

Sauteed eggplants and topped off with caramelized onions and fresh mint puree, drizzled with fermented yogurt

Entrees:

Sea Bass Kabob (Seb's Favorite)

Jalapeno basil lime marinated wild caught Chilean sea bass, served with a side of Amoo's Saffron rice

Or

Lambshank with Baghali rice (Don's Favorite)

Tomato and garlic braised whole lambshank served with a side of lima beans rice tossed in dill and truffle oil

Or

Lamb Chops Kabob (Seb's Favorite)

Saffron barberry marinated New Zealand lamb chops, served with a side of Amoo's saffron rice

Or

Koofteh (Don's Favorite)

Spiced ground beef meatball, braised in a tangy cilantro and tomato sauce, served with a side of Amoo's Saffron rice

Desserts:

Bastani

Saffron pistachio and rose water infused ice cream

Or

Anar Puffs

Pomegranate goat cheese stuffed cream puffs

Everyone may arrive at 6 since its a private dinner event. The only reason why i asked everyone to RSVP was to have a count of exactly how many people will be attending. In order to make adjustments and to ensure correct inventory, the kitchen needs to know what kind of volumes we will be dealing with. RSVPing to the event will ensure quality of service and food.

Once again, thank you for joining. Looking forward to meeting all of you in Person.

Happy Norooz (Persian New Year)

P.S please remeber this is a private fun dinner party... So lets not be so serious....:-) Please come as you wish and bring your funn vibes with you!!

And bring lots of wine!