352 replies to this topic

#351 JoshNE

JoshNE

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

Flying back from a weekend conference in Vegas.  Only 2 notable dining experiences were a special of garlicy sausage at Bouchon, and a great meal at Lotus of Siam.  2 dishes that should not be missed are the raw prawns marinated in fish sauce and served with a tamarind paste, and the deep fried garlic shrimp served along with the fried shells.  Odd to say, but I could eat those fried shells all day.  They would make an amazing bar snack.  Interesting that I've never encountered them before.

#352 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,495 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

Flying back from a weekend conference in Vegas.  Only 2 notable dining experiences were a special of garlicy sausage at Bouchon, and a great meal at Lotus of Siam.  2 dishes that should not be missed are the raw prawns marinated in fish sauce and served with a tamarind paste, and the deep fried garlic shrimp served along with the fried shells.  Odd to say, but I could eat those fried shells all day.  They would make an amazing bar snack.  Interesting that I've never encountered them before.

Any respectable sushi joint will offer to serve the shells as a second course to the sashimi. :)

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#353 JoshNE

JoshNE

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

Oh, I've had the heads served that way.  This was just the actual shell and tail (no heads), and had a different texture to it, probably due to them using some sort of salty/garlicy glaze.  Damn...now I'll be thinking about those things all day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nevada, Las Vegas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users